Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What is the best modem for comcast xfinity service
Question 
What is the best modem for comcast xfinity service to learn on
I'm not sure if I need two modems one untouched for subscription and one for haxorware
The Haxorware standard is the sb5101. Haxorware is easy to learn but Comcast is not! Depends on your area and how much TOS was prevalent before they upgraded their network. 5101's are cheap on Ebay and i would grab 2 and at least a blackcat usb programmer. D2 cm's are definitely on the way out and are on the EOL list at CC but you still have some time.

Download DHCPForce and scan your node for a few days and it will tell you if there are any other 5100/5101's in service. there should be some as millions of them were used over the years...
(16-12-2014, 12:40 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: The Haxorware standard is the sb5101. Haxorware is easy to learn but Comcast is not! Depends on your area and how much TOS was prevalent before they upgraded their network. 5101's are cheap on Ebay and i would grab 2 and at least a blackcat usb programmer. D2 cm's are definitely on the way out and are on the EOL list at CC but you still have some time.

Download DHCPForce and scan your node for a few days and it will tell you if there are any other 5100/5101's in service. there should be some as millions of them were used over the years...

Thanks for your help, is there a reliable source to buy the BlackCat programmer ?