Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How can I find out how to config for my area
How can I find out how to config a modem with haxaware for my area Time Warner NW Ohio. I would like 30Mb down stream. Do I need a docsis 2 or docsis 3 modem? I was planning on cloning my own modem for diagnostic purposes. Angel .
1. Pray for a kind tester in your area to take pity upon you and share his/her experience.

2. Start with a Haxorware 5101 and certs from anything BUT your sub. DO NOT EVER USE YOUR SUB TO LEARN until you fully understand the legal implications and/or consequences of doing so. NOT EVER!

Haxorware makes it easy to LEARN if you are intelligent and patient. If all you want is the Google page then quit now and save your energy. It is not easy and you will find more frustration than results if T/W has any decent security in your area.

My recommendation is to grab a 5101 off ebay for $10 buy pin headers for $5 and at least a usb blackcat and then grab some public 5101 bins to play with. You might get lucky and get some results that way..

It's a process. A long one. It mainly depends on how your area is setup by T/W and the ONLY real way to learn IMHO is to load a set of valid certs on
hax diag and output the trlnet boot log so you can study what actually goes on during the initial registration handshake. That is how I learned and it will force you to search out the terms and eventually put all of the pieces of the puzzle together.
Unfortunately, that is the simplest answer I can give you.