Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hyperterminal / Putty Question
Hey guys so I have a few dpc2100 modems that have messed up jtag ports but boot just fine. I use to use hyperterminal for programming these. Years ago there was a very good tutorial over on SBH but it seems that its been lost as I cannot find it and its been so long I dont remember all the setup steps anymore.

Does anyone have a copy of this tutorial or if you could help me get my putty configured correctly would be great.

Thanks guys
(14-11-2014, 08:19 PM)bftiedt Wrote: Hey guys so I have a few dpc2100 modems that have messed up jtag ports but boot just fine. I use to use hyperterminal for programming these. Years ago there was a very good tutorial over on SBH but it seems that its been lost as I cannot find it and its been so long I dont remember all the setup steps anymore.

Does anyone have a copy of this tutorial or if you could help me get my putty configured correctly would be great.

Thanks guys

Do you remember what tutorial?? I think I have it but I don't know to which tutorial, I guess you mean the one click flash for DPC2100? if it is I saw it here a few topics down.
I know it gave the pinouts for tx, rx ,v etc for the board. I also remember it basically giving a step by step of how to configure hyperterminal / putty. Thats the main thing I need anyways. I found some info online from the old haynes cable modem guide But I think im missing a setup step because I cant get any readout via hyperterminal when I boot the modem .
(15-11-2014, 04:57 AM)bftiedt Wrote: I know it gave the pinouts for tx, rx ,v etc for the board. I also remember it basically giving a step by step of how to configure hyperterminal / putty. Thats the main thing I need anyways. I found some info online from the old haynes cable modem guide But I think im missing a setup step because I cant get any readout via hyperterminal when I boot the modem .

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22923244/Ambit...h-Pictures

(15-11-2014, 12:58 PM)jimduf22 Wrote:
(15-11-2014, 04:57 AM)bftiedt Wrote: I know it gave the pinouts for tx, rx ,v etc for the board. I also remember it basically giving a step by step of how to configure hyperterminal / putty. Thats the main thing I need anyways. I found some info online from the old haynes cable modem guide But I think im missing a setup step because I cant get any readout via hyperterminal when I boot the modem .

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22923244/Ambit...h-Pictures