Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
flashing over serial port
(06-06-2015, 01:32 AM)Canis-Major Wrote: Flashing the 5101 is in fact possible over serial, for serial is just another port of telnet, what you can do in telnet, can be done through serial, and when I did this, it was flash bootloader through blackcat, then use bootloader to tftp the desired firmware.. through serial. Not dissing the tut here, but those rather incorrect statement's to the contrary Wink

We did'nt all disappear..

Its old topic this i created new thread answer if u know how . I know now is not possible to flash over serial i purchased flashcat and i dont know how to thanks
[Image: 3811042289.png]
I've never used flashcat, but I assume it's a blackcat, so just flash a hacked bootloader, in particular, the 'p' option bootloader, to your modem, preferably after soldering or connecting serial, then look at the multitude of thread's that will help you learn how to boot firmware over tftp Wink
i flashed it thanks
[Image: 3811042289.png]
(06-06-2015, 01:32 AM)Canis-Major Wrote: Flashing the 5101 is in fact possible over serial, for serial is just another port of telnet, what you can do in telnet, can be done through serial, and when I did this, it was flash bootloader through blackcat, then use bootloader to tftp the desired firmware.. through serial. Not dissing the tut here, but those rather incorrect statement's to the contrary Wink

Hi Canis,
Can you enlighten us on how this procedure is actually done? I'm new to this and this sounds like something I would like to try as I'm waiting on my jtag programming to come in.
Thanks a bunch,
JD

the point of saying you cant flash over serial is because you cant do it with just a ttl cable as you can with other modems, what the point of just flashing the bootloader when its easier to flash the whole firm, than fuck about switching cables (bar debricking)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I was only pointing out it is possible, and the more way's people figure to do any one thing, the better their knowledge becomes Smile

I always load a bootloader in case any other method fails due to bad wiring etc, with the bootloader, all ya need is tftp..