Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which modem is better for hax
Hi,

From all the supported devices: SB5101/E/i, SB5102/E/i, Webstar DPC2100R2, RCA DCM425, Ambit 250/255/256, Netgear CG814WGv2

In your experience, which one is better overall to use hax on? I have heard good opinions on Netgear and also that 5101 tends to be unstable.
I can only speak for DPC2100r2 (my original subed modem) and SB5101 (purchased later) both flashed with Haxorware DIAG

The DCP2100r2 ran fine with Haxorware, only problems were the LED's did not work like before and when there was not internet, I could not log into Haxorware control panel.
Then I purchased a SB5101 from ebay and because Haxorware is based on the same firmware, I have had none of the above problems, LED's work just as expected and no problem logging into control panel when internet is offline (no instability issues like you mention)

After getting my SB5101 I re-flashed my DPC2100r2 with its original firmware and its now stored away (just in case)

I know a friend who has a Netgear and he said that the Reset button does not work after you flash Haxorware. Don't know about lights but I suspect that other devices that don't share the exact same layout as the SB510x will also be affected