Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Connection drops with haxorware SB5101 with Time Warner
Hey my setup has worked fine for many years. I have several SB5101 modems flashed with haxorware running on Time Warner's network in the SouthEastern US. About a week ago all my modems will boot up and right after it completes the entire registration process, it drops the Ethernet connection to my router/pc. The modem still appears to be online judging by the lights. But soon as the internet should be up, I can't even ping the modem anymore, when I had just been watching the haxorware status screen only moments earlier. The last message I can see in the event log is:

I001.0 REG-RSP - invalid format or not recognized

Anyone seen this before? I'm not sure if Time Warner has been changing their setup in this area, but I'm worried this might be a BPI security upgrade? Before I was using BPI+ Bypass, and just changing the MAC address. Is this the symptoms of when they start requiring signed certificates?
Yes yes yes and yes again.
So if this is the case and Time Warner has BPI+ enabled in the area now, where is a good place to start to get my modem back online again? I haven't had to mess with certs in the past, but from what I've read, I need to backup a cert from a legit modem and import it into my haxorware modem. I take it, that the certs are tied to the mac address, so I need to grab a cert off a legit modem and import it into my modem, as well as clone the MAC address from the other modem so the certificate matches it? How would you grab a certificate from a legit modem?

Is there anyone else in the Carolinas that has run across this with Time Warner?
On most isp haxorware is dead, but you can start here http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-1...ent%22+log