Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Macbook EFI password removal
I am trying ways of getting rid of firmware EFI passwords on newer macbook's. Back in the day all you had to do was change the ram configuration, do a COPR key sequence at reboot and the password was erased. Now it's not so easy. I see gadgets on ebay and new ATMEL flash chips available to solder on, much like the newer PC laptops with the dreaded bios password.

My question is, do you think a USB Jtag NT could be used to flash the chip and remove the efi password?

I saw a method posted online to use a OSX 10.5 disc and use the firmware password reset utility and I tried it and it worked on a Macbook Pro (late 2011) running OSX 10.7, but the same method will not work on my MBP pro early 2011 running mavericks. It says it was successful but when I reboot, it is not.. just bored and playing around trying to learn something here.

Anyone else care to try it?
Not trying to bump old thread's, but look for speedracer hack.. a mac may be a mac, and a pc a pc, and so efi is efi.. this may help you crash your bios so you can load your hack BEFORE bios actually kicks in, allowing a change of bios.
You're always bored and trying to learn new things, fucking seller. I hope you know twc is on your ass.
(26-05-2016, 04:28 AM)zone2oo0 Wrote: You're always bored and trying to learn new things, fucking seller. I hope you know twc is on your ass.

Im sitting here waiting for you and Time Warner to pull up... after all, you ARE Captain Save a Ho right?
an attitude like that gets your door slammed hard, you should learn to be more like a buddhist monk modemseller.
lol denis in your ass