Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Can I flash Arris TG852G
Smile 
Hi everyone I'm new to forum so please don't bash me. I was wondering is someone here can help me flash my Arris TG852G modem which has Docsis 3.0 if possible? Thank you. Angel
I think you can flash it w/forceware, but the current version (1.2) doesn't support that tuner yet. I've never flashed one of those so I don't know the procedure, maybe someone else has experience with that modem. and can help you out.
you need to open it and see what chip your dealing with ...
(31-07-2014, 10:19 PM)Wichin12 Wrote: I think you can flash it w/forceware, but the current version (1.2) doesn't support that tuner yet. I've never flashed one of those so I don't know the procedure, maybe someone else has experience with that modem. and can help you out.

Thanks for reply guys. I opened it but not sure how to locate the chip. Can help with guideline or is there a was i can post or email snapshot of MB? Thank you.
post a picture of the board
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(02-08-2014, 06:27 PM)drewmerc Wrote: post a picture of the board

Hey guys I opened Arris TG852G and I would like to flash this one instead Thanks. I took a shot of MB

under the hearsink
[Image: bB62PcP.jpg]
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(04-08-2014, 06:15 AM)drewmerc Wrote: under the hearsink
[Image: bB62PcP.jpg]

Thanks Mate. I remove heatsink and I see

P5M

TNETC4810ZDWGU
14A08LW
Puma5 Intel so I think it's possible but as I told u before, not yet supported by FW 1.2
(04-08-2014, 06:58 AM)Wichin12 Wrote: Puma5 Intel so I think it's possible but as I told u before, not yet supported by FW 1.2

Thanks for your reply guys I think I will just have to wait, though I'm willing to try Angel