Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5100 / SB5101 - Newbie and lost!
I have been surfing this forum and reading various threads for days now, but feel basically lost and not really sure where to start or indeed if what I want to try is actually possible. I would be delighted to receive a little guidance from someone.

Situation. I am subscribed to a cable service I am issued an SB5101, I would like to "adjust" the download/upload speeds if possible. I also own an SB5100, this is running SB5100Mod. I initially just copied the SB5101 s/n and MAC's to the SB5100. I find the SB5100 appears to go through the whole process of initializing but skips the last part "Initialize Baseline Privacy"

From reading this forum I understand that this is because the SB5100 is missing some certs? I assume that if the SB5100 did have the correct certs, then there might be the possibility to modify the CFG file to "adjust" the up/down speeds? Or do the cert's also determine the modem's speed parameter's?

So I imagine a couple of possibilities :-

1). Somehow extract the SB5101 certs and get them into the SB5100.

2). Modify the SB5101 with Haxorware - without disturbing the certs (I still have a PC with a parallel port and the SB5100 Jtag cable adapter, it does appears that the SB5101 has the same Jtag connections?

Despite reading the threads, it's just not clear to me if I can attempt the above, or even if the above is the best route, or indeed if its even possible.

I would really appreciate a little help or guidance. Thanks!
Hi, I have made some progress. I have found that BlackCat (SchwarzeKatze build 128) works fine with both the SB5100 and SB5101 using an LPT jtag cable. I could not find a way to download the SB5101 2mb factory flash, but think I have done it properly using JtagUtility_1.3. I also used Jtag Utility v1.3 to obtain the certs in CFG.bin from the SB5101, then used cmnonexp111 to extract the 5x certs.

So I think I now have a good backup of the SB5101

Next step. Getting the certs into the SB5100

I tried using the program IP Full 6.1 (in Spanish language) to upload the 5x certs. I know that IP Full is communicating with the SB5100. I select the "certificados" tab and select the 5x certs. But when I click the "subir" (upload) I get an error message "Factory mode no esta activado". But I am sure that factory mode is activated. I have set this in the SB5100mod GUI and also have done it using the Telnet with the commands.

cd /
cd n/s
allow_config true
write

Which appears to be accepted.

I have also tried activating the Factory Mode "Activar" utility in IPFull's Snmp - Tftp section. But I get the error 'snmpset' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Here I get stuck.... any ideas?

Questions.

1. Is there another way that I can try to upload the Certs to the SB5100?
2. Is it safe to install Haxorware into the SB5101? In doing so will the certs (which are working fine on the factory software) get erased?

I do realise that I seem to be using an ancient software, but ATM I cannot justify the $70-100 + shipping cost to Mexico of better USB tools) - at least until I get a handle on what I am doing.....

Thank you.
I see few daily posts on this forum, is it alive?
(18-07-2014, 04:36 PM)grahamgo Wrote: I see few daily posts on this forum, is it alive?

it is but most users dont answer questions that have been answered many times before

its not very helpful and counter productive but its the way it is
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
You may have to install net snmp
Am still here, but will not reply to things that answered many time.
(18-07-2014, 09:52 PM)ricktendo Wrote: You may have to install net snmp

Thank you, yes I had installed net-snmp. But for whatever reason it didn't "jell" with IP Full 1.6. Today I restored the PC to an earlier date and started over fresh. IP Full 1.6 does seem to work now. I can check the modem is factory by running the command snmpget -v2c -c public 192.168.100.1 1.3.6.1.4.1.1166.1.19.4.1.0, I now get a correct text string reply which is supposed to indicate that it's in Factory mode. BUT, when I run the IP Full - upload certs menu. Everything seems to want to work. However, I still get a warning that factory mode isn't activated (I am sure it is). So uploading certs this way seems to not (want to) work.

I have also tried the "Factory mode Tool", this tool also reports that setting and resetting factory mode is being done successfully.

So now I have to try to find a way of uploading the certs manually, I am guessing this is possible. More searching is needed I guess. Thanks for the input, in fact you were correct. At least I have made a half step forward now that "error 'snmpset' is not recognized" has gone away. Cheers.
Maybe try an earlier version of ip full view
(19-07-2014, 11:05 PM)ricktendo Wrote: Maybe try an earlier version of ip full view

The IP Full 6.1 readme file contains a bad link to the defunct megaupload.com site. So instead, I installed the latest version from net-snmp.org This seemed to work.

Your comment made me think... So I then went on Forocable site and found that they had an earlier version in their download section. It works! Now the Cert upload section works.

Sadly, I find that the Private and Root Certs are uploaded ok, but the Private, CnCert and CaCert all give an error.

So now, more investigation needed.

But I can confirm IP Full 6.1 and net-snmp ver 5.4.2.1-1 works on W7 32bit

Cheers.
(20-07-2014, 12:04 AM)grahamgo Wrote:
(19-07-2014, 11:05 PM)ricktendo Wrote: Maybe try an earlier version of ip full view

The IP Full 6.1 readme file contains a bad link to the defunct megaupload.com site. So instead, I installed the latest version from net-snmp.org This seemed to work.

Your comment made me think... So I then went on Forocable site and found that they had an earlier version in their download section. It works! Now the Cert upload section works.

Sadly, I find that the Private and Root Certs are uploaded ok, but the Private, CnCert and CaCert all give an error.

So now, more investigation needed.

But I can confirm IP Full 6.1 and net-snmp ver 5.4.2.1-1 works on W7 32bit

Cheers.

any progress? im super new on this and im fallowing your your steps.