Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 Send and Recieve lights blinking?
The power light is solid, the send and receive lights are blinking, the online light is off and the activity light is blinking.

The 5101 does not have haxorware or any other firmware on it so I can not do a telnet log as of now, it's stock, It had valid certs and was working fine for awhile but I don't recall ever running into this combination of blinking lights. From my understanding it is trying to update but it won't. I've tried to reboot, tried it on a different router with things changed, let it sit for a little bit and still no update or anything further. It started this over a week ago but I have just not decided to look into it.

Not that it probably matters, but on the stock activity page it gets all the way to Time of Day and then that fails and it reboots with the flashing send and receive lights.

Don't flame me too hard, I've been reading again and trying to research my this situation.

Software Version: SB5101-2.11.0.0-GA-04-597-NOSH
Hardware Version: 1
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0

End of life for this modem? If that's the case, what's recommended to replace this with for testing? I know everyone has a preference, but I am interested in what others are using for their testing.
It got banned by comcrap most likely, getting you an abusesuspend config on that hfc mac...
I thought the top light flashing only meant it was banned or something along that. I have never seen the lights flash like this.

I guess I could flash hax on it to pull a telnet log and see what it says eh? Not sure if that would make a difference in what it tries to do versus being stock without hax.

Anyways, appreciate the reply and will look into that unless other suggestions come along before I do that. I gotta set time aside to fool with it,
CLONE DETECTION is alive and well in your area.There are solutions. Don't give up just yet....
Oh, I don't give up Smile I just resort to suggestions before I make a plan and really spend days>weeks>months> my lifetime.... messing with it lol.

Thanks guys, always
btw, when I say I appreciate the help, I do appreciate it more than I can express!
(25-06-2014, 04:40 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: CLONE DETECTION is alive and well in your area.There are solutions. Don't give up just yet....

Its not a clone detection, buddy....as a matter of fact comcrap turned off the clone detection in chicagoland area...I know for sure....Big Grin His hfc mac got banned they are doing a big clean up once again it started in mid April and continues...
Actually,it is clone detection....certs are banned because they already exist on another node...which serves up an abuse cfg. old news in my area, totally rectifiable.