Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ?
Quote:I believe the 'Code Verification Certificate' Is one of the certificates stored in a stock modems firmware. It is defined by the manufacturer and model of modem you are using, and is stored in your modems firmware...getting overwritten if you flash it with a 2mb dump....but not if you just install the firmware itself (hint).

When you reg on the VM network without valid BPI/BPI+ certificates, the modem is told by the config file to download updates to its firmware / certs securely..using RSA encryption and all sorts of nastiness.

However, to even initiate this secure download, the CVC of your modem is mathematicaly compared to a string in the config file downloaded. If it's a match, the modem attempts to set up the secure download of its update.

If not...either due to hacked FW having the wrong CVC, or say a stock a250 downloading a Motorola config file, validation will fail and the BPI certs will not be updated. This never used to be much of a problem, but with BPI being enforced properly now....that's what's fking us over with the later model configs.

altho it can be caused by the the modem your trying to spoof being to near (the next ubr)
or trying to use a 50meg config (this is the only time i've seen it myself)

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/57478-...ssage.html
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******

Messages In This Thread
Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 31-10-2009, 12:33 AM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 31-10-2009, 02:02 AM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by drewmerc - 31-10-2009, 11:53 AM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 31-10-2009, 10:05 PM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 02-11-2009, 12:19 AM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 03-11-2009, 01:40 AM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 03-11-2009, 10:44 PM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by PADDY - 08-11-2009, 06:54 AM
RE: Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ? - by ABMJR - 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM