Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redirect SNMP Traps in haxoware ?
(03-11-2009, 09:51 AM)drewmerc Wrote: they are wrong cause they are in the wrong order
the above telnet command will show you what the isp see's when they check your hadware version during bootup (it has to match what they would normaly see)

i think iam understanding you now, so the identifier details i have entered are correct apart from the first part called "vendor" ?? i have "DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 Compliant" in there currently as thats what it says on my console page of my subbed ambit 256 as shown in picture, but your saying that i should infact have "AMBIT" in there instead, is that correct ??

if thats correct, should the word AMBIT be in capital letters or normal letters ? please advise.

thanks mate.
lowercase is what i get in my subbed nonvol
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(03-11-2009, 10:50 PM)drewmerc Wrote: lowercase is what i get in my subbed nonvol

thanks mate, will give it a try and post back details of progress.
just updating thread, i think changing those settings like you said mate has helped a lot, seems to have been pretty much solid since then, heres hoping anyway, hehehehe.
So what does 'Redirect SNMP Traps' actually do? What IP should be putted there?
I'm getting randomly T4 timeouts apparently without any reason. Signal is good, my subscribed modem doesn't getting any.
I thing T4 is somehow related to the public IP dhcp issuing. Automatic IP's obtaining was implemented just recently. Before there was only static IP configuration.
(03-08-2012, 03:57 PM)torro32 Wrote: So what does 'Redirect SNMP Traps' actually do? What IP should be putted there?
I'm getting randomly T4 timeouts apparently without any reason. Signal is good, my subscribed modem doesn't getting any.
I thing T4 is somehow related to the public IP dhcp issuing. Automatic IP's obtaining was implemented just recently. Before there was only static IP configuration.

T4 ( Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received )

Explanation: The cable modem did not received a station maintenance opportunity in which to transmit a Ranging Request (RNG-REQ) message within the T4 timeout period (30 to 35 seconds). The cable modem is resetting its cable interface and restarting the registration process. Typically, this indicates an occasional, temporary loss of service, but if the problem persists, check for possible service outages or maintenance activity on this particular headend system. This error message is DOCSIS event message is R04.0, Ranging Request.

Knowledge=Power
I'm forcing HFC static IP and everything worked well while there was manual public static IP entering system. After ISP has implemented automatic dhcp public IP obtaining I'm having troubles to obtain an IP. It is strange, once the modem is rebooted it is hard to obtain an IP. I must reset network card couple of times, play some time with the getaway settings, then leave it for a couple of hours and I will get a public IP. It just happen by it's own, I can't figure a reason why I can't obtain it right away after the modem is online. Once I'm given IP even if I reset PC i will still be given the same IP no problem at all. It stays like that until I reset modem or I get T4. After that I'm again having issues with obtaining public IP. Sometimes I get T4 after one day, sometimes after 5 days.
Curious, does Redirect SNMP Traps still work if I also Disable SNMP Agent after registration?

[Image: KeZ4dUg.png]