Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bricked my 1st SB6121
I've read & read several forums before I started but I end up bricking my SB6121. This is what I did...

USBJTAGNT_____SPI________ISP
Pin1----------------------------->R153 (R/S)
Pin3-------------->Pin15
Pin5-------------->Pin8
Pin9-------------->Pin16
Pin11------------>Pin7
Pin2------------->Pin10 (GRN)

I connected the jtag open up the program, jtag detected, plug the power on the modem, green light on, hit ID but flash was not detected. I tried letting the modem boot up, then connecting the jtag & still got the same result. I verified connection points and tried again. Once I power the modem the send, received & ethernet light are on but no power light? Modem is bricked!

I'm confused about the ISP point & what procedure to follow? I was going to used external power but since I have a known ISP point decided to go with this setup here...
http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-2596.html

BTW: I also tried Pin2 ISP (U7) to USBJATNT Pin1 but modem doesn't power.
Yeah that's cool but I have a ribbon method which provides a quick access to the jtag w/o having to open the case each time. My question was about the procedure for reading & writing? If I already have known ISP point then I don't have to do external power correct?

Is the R153 100% confirmed ISP for the SB6121?
(14-04-2014, 09:34 PM)Xilotek Wrote: Yeah that's cool but I have a ribbon method which provides a quick access to the jtag w/o having to open the case each time. My question was about the procedure for reading & writing? If I already have known ISP point then I don't have to do external power correct?

Can anyone please confirm R153?
I have searched everywhere and I am getting so many mixed answers its ridiculous!
When I do it, for the first time! I'm not trying to brick mine Angel

Picture I had laying around, not sure where I found it. Another way too via external power via usb    

Best of luck to you
(16-06-2014, 10:59 PM)random4102 Wrote:
(14-04-2014, 09:34 PM)Xilotek Wrote: Yeah that's cool but I have a ribbon method which provides a quick access to the jtag w/o having to open the case each time. My question was about the procedure for reading & writing? If I already have known ISP point then I don't have to do external power correct?

Can anyone please confirm R153?
I have searched everywhere and I am getting so many mixed answers its ridiculous!
When I do it, for the first time! I'm not trying to brick mine Angel

Picture I had laying around, not sure where I found it. Another way too via external power via usb

Best of luck to you
Everywhere I read I see people saying "just do it as you would a 6120"
and I am 1000% that the ISP on 6120 is on the back of the board closest pin to R362 R358. Now if the boards are the "same" and labeled the same, then it'll work..Thats the next thing to find out.. Let me know if you have any luck
http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagnt/isppin.jpg