Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easier way to grab configs?
I recently scanned with Super SNMP and came across alot of interesting speeds, so..

I used my 5101, changed the Mac to that which matched the D3 config with the interesting speed, rebooted the modem (of course I was not issued an ip address) but it pushed the config and I grabbed it and put it on my D3 modem, and got the crap below 1mb speed.

Now, I dont think it has anything to do with the certs matching the config because I can use other interesting configs with no problem.

My question is, why do you suppose that config is not working, could it be because the 5101 does not fully process D3 configs so even if I download them through the 5101 they get corrupt?

last question, this is a pain in the ass to change my mac 50 times to grab the configs, is there an easier way?
have you opened the config in vultreware and checked that you was not pushed a shitty config due to the registration response failure
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(20-02-2014, 10:03 PM)drewmerc Wrote: have you opened the config in vultreware and checked that you was not pushed a shitty config due to the registration response failure

Damn, I didnt even think of that, ok, will do... if I was.. then how do I got about obtaining that config? I hope I dont have to find certs that are issued that config.

Yeah I see now, max sustained traffic down = 844800
(20-02-2014, 10:08 PM)modembricker Wrote:
(20-02-2014, 10:03 PM)drewmerc Wrote: have you opened the config in vultreware and checked that you was not pushed a shitty config due to the registration response failure

Damn, I didnt even think of that, ok, will do... if I was.. then how do I got about obtaining that config? I hope I dont have to find certs that are issued that config.

Yeah I see now, max sustained traffic down = 844800

Were you are to put D3 files on your 5101? Got my better speeds?
this is why i say it is pointless to run a d2 cfg on a d3..Your system must be in the dark ages still...If I put a 5101n cert on a 5101 it will get the middle finger and not even a wg cfg....it will oid error illegal set and I'm toast!The cmts should snoop the hardware and issue a cfg for that board...but you can run bpi disabled,right?
Since someone hijacked this thread back up, I am still getting the qos config no matter how many different certs I try. It's as if they are all bad or something. Maybe because from same node? How could thousands of obviously LIVE certs be bad once I get them? Using Fastcert and Buzzcert.
I get them every month, I run fresh scans in my 10x range. I even get D3 KOMODO configs, still no dice. I load them and get crap, both on 5101 and DPC3000
You do realize in buzzcerts the certs in the folder named "other" are no good right? You need to get the certs from the matching mac folder, and even then they might not be good. You are most likely grabbing self signed certs/certs from other modded modems. I would render a guess that every single set of certs you have are garbage. Unless you are pulling certs from old scans, you are pretty much SOL. SNMP for certs in 2014 is pointless. The only people who have old modems in factory mode are other modders who are probably in the same boat as you. You need to use your SNMP access to your advantage, without focusing on pulling certs with fastcerts. Think of other ways that all that info from modems can come in handy, if you are looking to clone them.
So you're saying that all 272 folders of certs in my matchingmac folder are bad? I see what you're saying, maybe I should start saving walk logs?
pm me modembricker if you still need help, i figured it out