Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FastCert and Comcast
Hello, I just wanted to ask if anyone here has had success lately with FastCert on Comcast's network. I'm thinking that SNMP is blocked because of all the "No response from remote host..."

If anyone has suggestions that would be fantastic.

Thanks for your valued time,
ledjohnny
I never got anywhere with that on cc. My area is so tight that cloned certs are useless anyways due to cosigned cvc which is only generated at initial provisioning. There are other ways in, though. You can get the cmts to send you a cfg file if you figure out the handshake process on your local node...It's not easy, and your area will be different than everyone else's due to the way CC patches together so muchold/new equipment. No step by step would work in this scenario....you wil have to figure that one out on your own..

IT IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE!!!!
The security here is a little less strict, I was able to get a cloned SB5101 online by using the certs. But your post intrigues me, and yesterday I was reading an old post by ABMJR on how the "Root CA certificate" is stored normally on the tftp server. Can you comment on this?

So I suppose I should be looking to telnet bootup logs and begin understanding the handshaking process?

Again, thanks for the insight.
Yankey is just continuing to perpetuate ABMJR's bullshit.