Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Config file editing/tweaking
Luckily, I am able to edit and autoserve the config file with my ISP.

Anyone have any experience fine tuning the config file, especially at peak hours when bandwidth seems to slow down?

Will raising the traffic priority be effective? How about the traffic burst?

Here is what my config file currently looks lile
[Image: 2eio.png]
(22-12-2013, 09:54 AM)neo_ Wrote: Luckily, I am able to edit and autoserve the config file with my ISP.

Anyone have any experience fine tuning the config file, especially at peak hours when bandwidth seems to slow down?

Will raising the traffic priority be effective? How about the traffic burst?

Here is what my config file currently looks lile
[Image: 2eio.png]

I'd like some tips as well, here I let the burst at 3044, traffic priority I set to 7 though.
Why not just load a 50 meg config and be done with it?
We (neo_ and I) live in a area where there is no 50 meg config. We live in a city own monopoly that has a max of 30/3. During peak hours you get around 5 megs...
I also think the would be a nice thing if you guys let the config as it is, only changing the maximum DS/US transfer rate and changing the traffic priority to 7, and see if gets a good result, I've done this here and managed to get the most stable result I've ever tested.

Good Luck.
Sometimes I wonder if there is any talent still left on here.
There is... Just everyone keep all the info to themselves now.
If you guys are not satisfied with the assisting, try reading the Cisco's articles about Docsis Configuration File, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
(27-12-2013, 02:21 PM)neo_ Wrote: Sometimes I wonder if there is any talent still left on here.

Yes, it is but you must READ, experiment and try. No one is spoonfeeding no more.
(28-12-2013, 04:50 AM)Wichin12 Wrote:
(27-12-2013, 02:21 PM)neo_ Wrote: Sometimes I wonder if there is any talent still left on here.

Yes, it is but you must READ, experiment and try. No one is spoonfeeding no more.

Don't give me that response, I am not asking "omg how do i get my modem online plzz help guys!!!"

Mod, close this thread. I should have known better.