Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice..
(14-10-2013, 11:01 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: when you change the mac addy without uploading the original bpi keys you get "ranging forever". when you change the mac addy back it will not work. You must upload either the 5 original keys or upload the original nonvol to be bpi+ compliant. If you get all lights operational then the certs are good. good certs does not mean you will get online. Good certs will allow the cm to be provisioned on the network. good certs only gets you to the doorman, you still need to be on the guest list to get in the club.

ok so let me explain bit what i did :
1. scan snmp retrive mac, sn, modem etc
2. i just randomly pick mac from results above (from the same modem with me) snmpget OID (private) and retrieve cert texts in hex..
3. modify txts and snmpset everything in with private com.string to my hax
4. run telnet to hax and enable bpi to 1 .. write
5. turn off, plug coax & plug on
6. scanning..ok
7. ranging complete ... ok
8. get ip... ok
9. registration complete .. ok
10. stuck and it reboots
11. log says auth reject and TLV-11 (TLV-11 doesnt effect anything on my other operational stock it still goes to internet normally)

notes : from snmpget i only retrieve cm-cert, hfc, usb, eth that's about it

so i need more clues from your expertise what did i missed from the tests above.. thank you!
Your BPI Docsis 1.0/1.1 era

no security
Knowledge=Power
(15-10-2013, 04:07 PM)ABMJR Wrote: Your BPI Docsis 1.0/1.1 era

no security

what do you mean by "no security"?? how come it doesnt go online with changing mac like the old days... could you please be more specific please...
(12-10-2013, 02:13 PM)r2r Wrote: Hi guys im a noob need advice and bit explanations...

I have 2 modems EPC2100R2 (haxorware r39) and DPC2100R3 (stock). For about 2 years i was running on modded nicely until 3 days ago it stops and says auth reject on the logs with TLV-11 bad OID things. So now im running with my stock version which is slow as hell.

I tried to change bpi + docsis 1.1 and signal is locked but stuck on ranging complete wherenever it says sending registration it shows auth reject permanent blabla... so i think this happened because i dont have valid certs. i did try to copy my stock mac to hax but the error remains the same... the questions is if it possible to use the stock mac to hax and untick firmware upgrade as well enable SNMP after registration?? i want to trick CM to send valid certs, does this exposing my installed hax to cc?

Are you using this modem for home use ??
(17-10-2013, 09:59 AM)maxon Wrote:
(12-10-2013, 02:13 PM)r2r Wrote: Hi guys im a noob need advice and bit explanations...

I have 2 modems EPC2100R2 (haxorware r39) and DPC2100R3 (stock). For about 2 years i was running on modded nicely until 3 days ago it stops and says auth reject on the logs with TLV-11 bad OID things. So now im running with my stock version which is slow as hell.

I tried to change bpi + docsis 1.1 and signal is locked but stuck on ranging complete wherenever it says sending registration it shows auth reject permanent blabla... so i think this happened because i dont have valid certs. i did try to copy my stock mac to hax but the error remains the same... the questions is if it possible to use the stock mac to hax and untick firmware upgrade as well enable SNMP after registration?? i want to trick CM to send valid certs, does this exposing my installed hax to cc?

Are you using this modem for home use ??

yes
(14-10-2013, 11:01 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: when you change the mac addy without uploading the original bpi keys you get "ranging forever". when you change the mac addy back it will not work. You must upload either the 5 original keys or upload the original nonvol to be bpi+ compliant. If you get all lights operational then the certs are good. good certs does not mean you will get online. Good certs will allow the cm to be provisioned on the network. good certs only gets you to the doorman, you still need to be on the guest list to get in the club.

This post is old, but still always reviewed. Suddenly as I read this and I see the light, it's very interesting what you say and I will meditate well that..