Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scientific atlanta dpc2100r2 question
I picked one of these up from CL to use on CC, took it home and plugged it in and it took me to the CC login page where I had to create an acct. The acct I created was linked to someone elses address. It worked for around 6 months, then it would always be on/off.

I hit up the guy that gave it to me, he swapped it out with a different one, and said he would give me an account number and phone number to type in. This seemed fishy, and it would take me to a comcast login screen every time I tried to use it. I changed my DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and now it works and don't get the login screen, but I just signed up for service.

My question is.. how do I check to see if the modem is even messed with? It seems like he's just stealing other peoples account info instead of tinkering w/the modems. I connected it directly to my computer and the webstar page that came up looked like the original page with no mention of haxorware anywhere. Which IP/port are you supposed to go to to check for this?
Your werent worried when you had 6 months of free service were you? Now your paying your worried? It doesnt have Haxorware on it...thus the Webstar page..

P.S

Bye Bye
Knowledge=Power
Can you say FELONY?

...and you posted about it.
(29-09-2013, 11:15 PM)MonitorLotion Wrote: I picked one of these up from CL to use on CC, took it home and plugged it in and it took me to the CC login page where I had to create an acct. The acct I created was linked to someone elses address. It worked for around 6 months, then it would always be on/off.

I hit up the guy that gave it to me, he swapped it out with a different one, and said he would give me an account number and phone number to type in. This seemed fishy, and it would take me to a comcast login screen every time I tried to use it. I changed my DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and now it works and don't get the login screen, but I just signed up for service.

My question is.. how do I check to see if the modem is even messed with? It seems like he's just stealing other peoples account info instead of tinkering w/the modems. I connected it directly to my computer and the webstar page that came up looked like the original page with no mention of haxorware anywhere. Which IP/port are you supposed to go to to check for this?

He is gone
Knowledge=Power