Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help debrick 5100
need help debrick 5100
(26-09-2013, 08:34 PM)digitalx1 Wrote: need help debrick 5100

http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagdevices/sb5100.php
yea that not work for me
did you try blackcat or toms jtag utility?
if yes, what are the responses?
i hve jtag nt I can see the flash and it looks ok, can even erase and program boot but when it erase to write the full flash that's where it gets stuck
sounds like maybe there is some issue with jtag program/jtag device
this unit has its own forum
detect

ldram 9fc00000
-select your dump

erase 9fc00000 200000
-it should erase

sprogram 9fc00000 200000
-it should begin to write WITHOUT erasing
If all goes well then type:
cmpram 9fc00000 200000 or click the Verify button

I have never revived a Brick O' Matic cm with the NT w/o using sprogram...it ALWAYS hangs on the erase part when you you use the gui button for write to chip. There is a technical explanation for this at usbjtag.com i just don't remember what it it is and don't need to...use sprogram.

Also remember that your 5100 is older than dirt and the components sometimes just fail. I have 2 in a box that detect but will not program on ANY jtag or serial connection...they are just broken!lol
You guys mak me laugh, the flash he have is no good, and nt is the only program i have an i debrick any modem with it, poke command is needed in most case. @ digital am available 10am usa time......via teamviewer!
Sometimes you have to jump the tsop with 3.3v...poke commands don't do shit if the chip is offline. Daks's guide at SBH makes debricking very simple. It's only frustrating the first few times...
undefined