Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clone a Modem? ( May have bricked SB5100)
It has been a while since I last touched an sb5100. I forgot most of the dos commands I used to hacktivate it. However, I still have one running from about 4 years ago. Is there a way I can just clone or make an image of the sb5100 and apply that image to the new SB5100 that I have?

-----

EDIT: followed Jenoms advice- please refer to my last post
blackcat...flash....read all...save to dump.bin>>>>blackcat...flash...write all from dump.bin
(26-09-2013, 10:25 PM)jenom Wrote: blackcat...flash....read all...save to dump.bin>>>>blackcat...flash...write all from dump.bin

You're the man. I'll test this when I get my jtag cable in the mail and report back.

Thanks for the help and your time.
is it same to 5101e?thanks
(03-10-2013, 04:41 PM)cszhy Wrote: is it same to 5101e?thanks

I do believe so, as these:
(26-09-2013, 10:25 PM)jenom Wrote: blackcat...flash....read all...save to dump.bin>>>>blackcat...flash...write all from dump.bin

Seem to be BlackCat or some other JTAG commands. There's not build on the Haxorware as far as I know, I have had a look for them.
So if you have a Blackcat JTAG, then it probably is the same...
ooold
Hey Jenom.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I followed your instruction, and while the flash read and write procedures were successful, When I plug the modem up , the lights briefly flash, then they all go off. However, blackcat can still detect my modem so I assume it isn't bricked? How can I fix this?

Thanks
Go here...

http://www.blackcatusb.net/

I haven't used the my BC in ages but as far asI remember it is all point/click! open the flash section and load the stock 5100/5101 bin you want to flash to it then write it. Make sure you are not trying to debrick it with modified firmware. The thing about BCusb's is that they tend to miss a block or two every now and then during the write process and you get a Brick O' matic...Easy fix, though.
Isn't the firmware file supposed to be 2 megs? I have a folder with many firmware in it, most of them are 700 kb. Whenever I choose 'write all' assuming this will bring up a box that will let me select a firmware, nothing happens and at the bottom it says " choosing binary or something"

when i try to read all', it gets stuck at 100 percent and never completely finishes
full backups including bootloader and dump is 2 mb. this is ok for debricking but I have always had better luck with the firmware size 700 -900k. there are 2 images on the modem, a full dump consists of the boot and image0 amd image1.

If it is not reading correctly make sure your connections are good on the pin header...

there are some console commands I believe for the BCUSB but you will have to go to the link i gave you which is where the devs are anyways. D3mon is great Mod and he is even nice to noobs who ask intelligent questions
(08-10-2013, 03:58 AM)Sunaj Wrote: Isn't the firmware file supposed to be 2 megs? I have a folder with many firmware in it, most of them are 700 kb. Whenever I choose 'write all' assuming this will bring up a box that will let me select a firmware, nothing happens and at the bottom it says " choosing binary or something"

when i try to read all', it gets stuck at 100 percent and never completely finishes

If you need help via teamviewer i can help you and in no time ur modem is good to go!