Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5100 noisy bootloader
Hello, I know haxorware is for BCM3349 chipsets but anyone has an SB5100 noisy bootloader? I can't find anywhere. Thanks
just extract it from any 2mb dump
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(16-09-2013, 12:41 AM)drewmerc Wrote: just extract it from any 2mb dump

I also need the Noisy Bootloader, not included in the download of the Haxoware. I watched the video tutorial and it seems they just copy a portion of the hex and paste it not sure what they paste it into?

So just dump the bootloader and save the hex then copy that portion? My modem has only stock firmware at this time.

What exactly is the Noisy Bootloader and why do they call it that? Is it the stock bootloader they are referring to?

My modem is a Motorola SB5101.

Thanks!
I have the SB5101 bootloader. I can upload that. If someone wants to upload the 5101 nb, that would be useful. We should start making this forum more useful! Big Grin
(02-05-2017, 07:04 AM)occalifornia Wrote: I have the SB5101 bootloader. I can upload that. If someone wants to upload the 5101 nb, that would be useful. We should start making this forum more useful! Big Grin

That would be great can you attach here, what is the SB5101 nb? Is this procedure something I can do, it was said to download the first 2 mb of what the nvram? In my case its a stock motorola firmware, the video tutorial I saw from haxoware link, flashing over serial said to insert or paste a copied portion of the hex using a hex editor into a backup, a backup of what? Is there a step by step procedure for creating this noisy bootloader, and why do they call it that?

I am not new to extracting backups of eproms etc. I have updated many of my routers with DD-WRT and with others and have made modifications to my Bios from PC laptops and Desktops using the right tools. I have many tools to work with but have not in a while like Eprom programers, Bus pirate, Blackcat USB, Tiao multi-protocol board, xbox tools and many TTL/USB boards from ebay playing around.

I am sure though the Cable modems are more of a unique device since your supplier can see the firmware on your device and check on things from your device a different animal all together.

Thanks!!
(02-05-2017, 02:49 PM)pcfr33k Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 07:04 AM)occalifornia Wrote: I have the SB5101 bootloader. I can upload that. If someone wants to upload the 5101 nb, that would be useful. We should start making this forum more useful! Big Grin

That would be great can you attach here, what is the SB5101 nb? Is this procedure something I can do, it was said to download the first 2 mb of what the nvram? In my case its a stock motorola firmware, the video tutorial I saw from haxoware link, flashing over serial said to insert or paste a copied portion of the hex using a hex editor into a backup, a backup of what? Is there a step by step procedure for creating this noisy bootloader, and why do they call it that?

I am not new to extracting backups of eproms etc. I have updated many of my routers with DD-WRT and with others and have made modifications to my Bios from PC laptops and Desktops using the right tools. I have many tools to work with but have not in a while like Eprom programers, Bus pirate, Blackcat USB, Tiao multi-protocol board, xbox tools and many TTL/USB boards from ebay playing around.

I am sure though the Cable modems are more of a unique device since your supplier can see the firmware on your device and check on things from your device a different animal all together.

Thanks!!

sorry, typo. I meant to say if someone wants to upload the 5100 noisy bootloader (nb).
here:

Attached Files
.zip   noisy_5101_bootloader.zip (Size: 28.72 KB / Downloads: 156)
(02-05-2017, 10:49 PM)Wichin12 Wrote: here:

downloaded 59 times already.. HuhDodgyBig Grin
(02-05-2017, 11:50 PM)occalifornia Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 10:49 PM)Wichin12 Wrote: here:

downloaded 59 times already.. HuhDodgyBig Grin
Haha Cool