Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could An Admin Sent Me A Private Message
(21-07-2013, 03:12 PM)ABMJR Wrote: Never make a statement you cant be 100% sure of. @ # 1.

Private String is never in config. Private string is SSH to Network Elements (Field CM's). SNMP is alive and well.
this about what i wrote here is my and my friend private experience about network
if you sure about what you say then tell me please about what exactly password you talking to be clear... ?
the reason why i asking you is because i know exactly 2rd private password of my isp
at first - maybe in your network there is no private password in config file but on other networks it is... we can write using those pass for example mac to the modem (a pass from the config lowwer) there is another password unique for modem manufacturer and this pass is sent before modem update begin
i have it... and its also easy to read Wink
so clarify please about what exactly password you talking ? to manage the modem over snmp password - modem must know that password first and is this password about what i talking

a private password for controll network elements could be a cmts snmp password there is... public (to watch cmts details) and private (to change cmts details) is this what i discover with some help of some friends

also second thing which i was trying to explain you since 2 months is
my isp have disabled icmp ping on any devices on its network from customer side (this means you cannot ping cmts... you cannot arp you cannot ping second neighbour modems because ICMP is filtered) also if icmp filtered you cannot use any kind of snmp yourself using your hacked modem with ipfilters disabled
there are ACL filters turned on cmts to bypass hackers manipulations on isp network devices
also... my isp use snmp only for update cable modems the rest things is managed via VPN

added:
modems in my network are beetwen isp firewall
how many times i need to tell you that untill you understand me
i am not liar and this what i wrote is just experience this is not story paste from somebody here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could An Admin Sent Me A Private Message - by slave - 21-07-2013, 05:27 PM