Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
config files problem !!!
Video 
i have edited my config file , the speed value , but when i am trying to see a video at u tube it's like i have not changing anything
The first thing that was addressed 4+ years ago by most ISP's was to stop the end user from editing a config file. The config file resides on the cmts and the MIC check is done at handshaking...

Unless your ISP is really into being abused, your wasting your time
Knowledge=Power
i have access of the config file , and this is the screenshot of the config file , i changed the value and when i test my bandwidth i have the exact value same as the one i have edited , but youtube and download are very slow , i dont know why
Access means nothing...

Unless your ISP is really hurting for abuse, editing of the config file was removed via security updates 4 + years ago
Knowledge=Power
so , how should sort out this kind of problem
You really dont sort out this problem. Its a problem and the solution isnt legal.

My suggestion, call your ISP and pay for faster service
Knowledge=Power
(14-06-2013, 07:39 PM)ABMJR Wrote: You really dont sort out this problem. Its a problem and the solution isnt legal.

My suggestion, call your ISP and pay for faster service

humm , i was expecting it's a firewall pb's but will continue to find a way solve that , thank for ur support
(14-06-2013, 08:40 PM)shippuden Wrote: humm , i was expecting it's a firewall pb's but will continue to find a way solve that , thank for ur support

Here is a tutorial that someone posted here last year, I tried it for educational purposes and it didn't work, I probably did it wrong, but speed on my D2 modem is not an issue for me so I didn't try again.

c/p

Code:
Ok so here is a small tutorial. It works for me.

Software Needed.

VultureWare DOCSIS Config Editor
Notepad ++ with hex plugin or any Hex Editor.

1. Open Haxorware. 192.168.100.1
2. Download Config File.

Name is config.cfg
Open it with Config Editor.
Change Downstream Maximum Susteained Traffic Rate from 3072000 to 10240000

Prese Save. Save it as confignew.cfg

it will ask for a authentication scring just press no.

Open config.cfg with hex and also open confignew.cfg

go all the way to the bottom.

You will notice that the last two lines are different. Copy exactly what you see in the orginal config file.

Copy Lines.

make sure you look at the other lines above and they match also.
Ok that is about it.

If anybody has a 20 30 or 50 mbps files let me know what the down stream speed is. They need to be exact or else they dont work.

Good Luck.

I just went from 3 to 10, The speed test is reporting 22.
(15-06-2013, 06:39 PM)modembricker Wrote:
(14-06-2013, 08:40 PM)shippuden Wrote: humm , i was expecting it's a firewall pb's but will continue to find a way solve that , thank for ur support

Here is a tutorial that someone posted here last year, I tried it for educational purposes and it didn't work, I probably did it wrong, but speed on my D2 modem is not an issue for me so I didn't try again.

c/p

Code:
Ok so here is a small tutorial. It works for me.

Software Needed.

VultureWare DOCSIS Config Editor
Notepad ++ with hex plugin or any Hex Editor.

1. Open Haxorware. 192.168.100.1
2. Download Config File.

Name is config.cfg
Open it with Config Editor.
Change Downstream Maximum Susteained Traffic Rate from 3072000 to 10240000

Prese Save. Save it as confignew.cfg

it will ask for a authentication scring just press no.

Open config.cfg with hex and also open confignew.cfg

go all the way to the bottom.

You will notice that the last two lines are different. Copy exactly what you see in the orginal config file.

Copy Lines.

make sure you look at the other lines above and they match also.
Ok that is about it.

If anybody has a 20 30 or 50 mbps files let me know what the down stream speed is. They need to be exact or else they dont work.

Good Luck.

I just went from 3 to 10, The speed test is reporting 22.

the three last lines of my config is not the same as the ones i have edited , and i didn't get well from this tuto what i have to change ,
i have done some research and i find out the cuz of that problem , it's inside the config file , they are paramter inside that are automatically reducing the limit of each transfer even if u have the high bandwidth , now the issue is about to decrypt any details inside the config file and edit it