Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to make the modem reset itself when needed ?
Hi there my fellow students.

Im currently using a 5101 as my backup modem (the shit oficial rca is shit) and sometimes it loses connectivity to the internet (all the leds stay normal) needing a reset to function normally again.

Is there a way to make the modem detect the loss of internet access and reboot itself to try again ?

Thanks Cool
No.

What are your signal levels at? If your signal is shit then it will lose frequency lock. Is the 5101 you are referring to subbed, or does it have Hax on it? If it does, please post an ip edited telnet boot log and we can help you to fix the signal or whatever is causing it to lose lock...This is really what Hax was designed to do, you know? DIAGNOSE a network...
DocsDevResetNow command

[b]Object docsDevResetNow
OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.69.1.1.3
Type TruthValue
Permission read-write
Status current
MIB DOCS-CABLE-DEVICE-MIB ; - Desscription "Setting this object to true(1) causes the device to
reset. Reading this object always returns false(2)."
[/b]
Knowledge=Power
Easier to just fix the signal....
P.S

Found another TELNET "opening" to make a D3 modem appear as a D2 modem and receive a re-signed CVC and the highest speed tier for a D2...

35 down and 19 up is what it appears to do...
Knowledge=Power
(23-05-2013, 05:21 PM)ABMJR Wrote: P.S

Found another TELNET "opening" to make a D3 modem appear as a D2 modem and receive a re-signed CVC and the highest speed tier for a D2...

LOL

Make sure your PM box is open so you can watch it fill up in the next 12 hours with pleas for your fix, my good friend!

LMAO

What CFG file is that? I can't get more than 13 up on a D2 here....
(23-05-2013, 05:12 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: No.

What are your signal levels at? If your signal is shit then it will lose frequency lock. Is the 5101 you are referring to subbed, or does it have Hax on it? If it does, please post an ip edited telnet boot log and we can help you to fix the signal or whatever is causing it to lose lock...This is really what Hax was designed to do, you know? DIAGNOSE a network...

I believe they´re very good, not only the modem have a direct feed to the EDA-FT08300, but the amp itself is very close to the main feed.

The 5101 has lastest hax .39 on it. Can it save the boot log or i lose it when i reset the modem ? Asking this because my router loses the connecticity to it when it happens. Blush

Thanks Rolleyes

(23-05-2013, 05:17 PM)ABMJR Wrote: DocsDevResetNow command

[b]Object docsDevResetNow
OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.69.1.1.3
Type TruthValue
Permission read-write
Status current
MIB DOCS-CABLE-DEVICE-MIB ; - Desscription "Setting this object to true(1) causes the device to
reset. Reading this object always returns false(2)."
[/b]

(23-05-2013, 05:20 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Easier to just fix the signal....

(23-05-2013, 05:21 PM)ABMJR Wrote: P.S

Humm, this command will help for sure. Thanks.
You output the handshake process through putty when it starts.Once the handshake completes telnet will close. This log is the ONLY way to see what is causing your cm to lock up
Sorry for the delay, was in a business travel.

Today the modem suposelly lost internet access, heres the Web event log :

2013-05-27 17:54:12 Critical R004.0 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance o
2013-05-27 02:23:35 Error C401.0 DCC-ACK not received

Before this, it was online, this log suffices ?

Thanks for the help
Nope. Silly end customer event log.

Open up putty and output the initialization process (rebbot cm) to a text file.

looks like this.....

http://www.haxorware.com/forums/thread-2...l#pid19153

Tutorial here somewhere on how to get this log.