Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie here but not to hobby, need some info 5100,5101
Thumbs Down 
Hey all,
Found this site doing some Google searching :-)

Need some info, I've been in this hobby for about 7 yrs or so now, been online since,
I have a 5100 and 5101, one running sbmod and other haxorware revision 29
Both have been running good, running both same mac in different locations, same city though, once and awhile one will go down ab swapping modems from locations solves the trick, Sam thing happened yesterday, but the 5100 is now down at both locations, only reason I think why is because of the 5100s lack of cert files, is there anyway to load them to it? I really something about using ipfull?

Also have a few other questions, I'm getting about 20 300mbs down and 2 up, I know locally two has other speed options, 100megs down which they call wide band, is this docsis 3.0? Is there a modem that's capable of being modded to access this speeds here locally?

Also I had a friend who "showed me the ropes" and got me going with all this, he had a program that would scan certain "ranges" and pull the cert files and list them in order of the modem model, I need to get started with this again, and bee to get "pointed in the right direction"

Thanks everyone
"long,slow,whistle"

Where are you geographically and more importantly, where have you been, under a rock? lol

Docsis 3 is basically the same as docsis 1.1 but there are multiple d/s and u/s channels instead of 1 u/s and 1d/s as in a 51xx. That is what allows 100Mb downloads. security is a lot tighter with D3 unless your ISP is asleep at the wheel. Your modems are going down because you keep moving them and the CMTS/CMTS's log that and ban them as rogue elements. Then there is the whole "certs" thing...lolol. Read up on BPI+ and you will understand...
You have a ridiculous learning curve ahead of you my friend. You can still test cm's in real security but it is not even close to easy anymore.
(22-05-2013, 03:51 AM)intheb0x Wrote: Hey all,
Found this site doing some Google searching :-)

Need some info, I've been in this hobby for about 7 yrs or so now, been online since,
I have a 5100 and 5101, one running sbmod and other haxorware revision 29
Both have been running good, running both same mac in different locations, same city though, once and awhile one will go down ab swapping modems from locations solves the trick, Sam thing happened yesterday, but the 5100 is now down at both locations, only reason I think why is because of the 5100s lack of cert files, is there anyway to load them to it? I really something about using ipfull?

Also have a few other questions, I'm getting about 20 300mbs down and 2 up, I know locally two has other speed options, 100megs down which they call wide band, is this docsis 3.0? Is there a modem that's capable of being modded to access this speeds here locally?

Also I had a friend who "showed me the ropes" and got me going with all this, he had a program that would scan certain "ranges" and pull the cert files and list them in order of the modem model, I need to get started with this again, and bee to get "pointed in the right direction"

Thanks everyone

(22-05-2013, 05:16 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: "long,slow,whistle"

Where are you geographically and more importantly, where have you been, under a rock? lol

Docsis 3 is basically the same as docsis 1.1 but there are multiple d/s and u/s channels instead of 1 u/s and 1d/s as in a 51xx. That is what allows 100Mb downloads. security is a lot tighter with D3 unless your ISP is asleep at the wheel. Your modems are going down because you keep moving them and the CMTS/CMTS's log that and ban them as rogue elements. Then there is the whole "certs" thing...lolol. Read up on BPI+ and you will understand...
You have a ridiculous learning curve ahead of you my friend. You can still test cm's in real security but it is not even close to easy anymore.

Lol Milwaukee wi,
Well I've been up and running for all these years and had enough folders of files and certs, plus a buddy, but he passed away a few years ago from a car accident, but the modems still been kicking along.
I know vaguely about bpi, this is why I think the 5101 is up and the 5100 is down,
Bpi + is enabled on 5101 and there's nothing in 5100mod about bpi but I think it's activated via telnet right?
Would possibly turning on bpi+ on the 5100 make it aces the Internet again or is it basically a Paper weight without the ability to load certs and I should invest in a 5101?
As of right now because of the outage, i have shoddy but decent connection it works but it's not always dependable.
(22-05-2013, 06:32 AM)intheb0x Wrote: As of ri now I have no Internet besides my phone and someone open wifi network in the area I rerouted in my house with my router and a old xp system, it works but it's not always dependable.

You might want to check out the rules of this forum.
(22-05-2013, 07:37 AM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: You might want to check out the rules of this forum.

Sorry I meant I have Internet access via my sub.

Also, moving them happens around once a year, besides yesterday, but the 5101 using the same mac and files as configured on the 5100 but is down due to what I believe is the lack of ability to load the files on 5100mod.

And honestly from what I understand, (may not be much lol but I'm a fast learner and mod everything from android , fta and from the old directv dish days), that locally they are asleep at the wheel.

Before my friend passed he said he was up and running on the new modems using "wide band", but was going to show me but passed before it happened, he had me scanning nodes and such all the time, I had acquired a large stash of certs and such too, mac lists things of that nature for educational purposes of course. I'm open to playing around and picking up another, 5101 and whatever docsis 3.0 modem is available that can be modded.
Just need a nudge in the right direction lol
Thanks everyone, also was a member at sbh years back but I heard something happened over there
Well the 5100 works just like the 5101. Your Certificates need to match the mac addy and the Mac addy needs to be provisioned to get online....that is the quick n dirty BPI explanation. The only "nudge" I can give you is to spend a few weeks reading here and at SBH so you can catch up on what has changed.

Check this out over at SBH...you can sign up for free but you have to go VIP to post.

Good for a laugh or two.
http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/topic/2947...p-working/

http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/topic/3755...g-part-ii/

No fixes or workarounds but it is how I learned to keep up with ever changing security...
(22-05-2013, 07:37 AM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: You might want to check out the rules of this forum.

Sorry I meant I have Internet access via my sub.
Basically you need to figure out how to test on a clone...unless your ISP is using clone detection. Test and see.
WIDEBAND was "Wideband Blast" config..

Thats 3-4 years old config file...

After D3, we have newer configs. Blast was D2 and used to "Burst" the CM for 60 seconds or <...
Knowledge=Power
lol

6120 widebandblast on a 5100.....those were the days!!!

god that wasn't even testing,it was just a straight up gang rape!

How times have changed!