Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any other method of collecting certs?
Hey guys, is there any other tools that function like fastcert? I would ask at SBH but it's kind of like an abandoned mine town over there and google translate doesn't work so well at foro.

Im using fastcert and all I pull up is hundreds of the same modem sb5120 (why is that)

Any other useful tools that i can take advantage of while the door is open?

You can pm me if you don't feel like putting it out there.

Thanks, I'm getting bored.
5120 is the same platform as the 5100 series. Its the way your ISP has them rouped them..

Your FastCert shows nothing, I can guess..

All it does is "query" them. Nothing else. Thats what you get for the "Public" string..Queries of MAC, config...etc
Knowledge=Power
(17-04-2013, 11:10 PM)ABMJR Wrote: 5120 is the same platform as the 5100 series. Its the way your ISP has them rouped them..

All it does is "query" them. Nothing else. Thats what you get for the "Public" string..Queries of MAC, config...etc

Actually, it does get the certs from them, but only them. Should I try a different range, or is it pointless since you guessed right about me only using the public string.
(17-04-2013, 11:14 PM)modembricker Wrote:
(17-04-2013, 11:10 PM)ABMJR Wrote: 5120 is the same platform as the 5100 series. Its the way your ISP has them rouped them..

Actually, it does get the certs from them, but only them. Should I try a different range, or is it pointless since you guessed right about me only using the public string.

Its not the range. 5120 work fine with almost any modem except 5100. Im guessing your ISP has a looney tune character that represents its service. fastcert works great still with certain models and since you said you have 100's of them than theres nothing else for u. There is however a major factor in what port and CS u use , a handful of people know about this and its better that way. PM me if u need info
(18-04-2013, 06:58 AM)rickanie Wrote:
(17-04-2013, 11:14 PM)modembricker Wrote:

Its not the range. 5120 work fine with almost any modem except 5100. Im guessing your ISP has a looney tune character that represents its service. fastcert works great still with certain models and since you said you have 100's of them than theres nothing else for u. There is however a major factor in what port and CS u use , a handful of people know about this and its better that way. PM me if u need info

I experience similar results when scanning as well.

What is this major thing you refer to as far as ports to use? Do you mind sharing it via PM? Thank you mate.
I mastered the how-to's for remote certs on the 6580 via telnet and snmp. That info is at sbh, I could help you if you like. As for the 51xx modems , I too am stuck... I have no 5120s on my network. I can get 4 of the needed 5 certs, I can not for the life of me figure out factory mode. I just need to get the private cert. I too would love to know how to acquire this last cert ModemBricker
(19-04-2013, 08:11 AM)dishfear Wrote: I mastered the how-to's for remote certs on the 6580 via telnet and snmp. That info is at sbh, I could help you if you like. As for the 51xx modems , I too am stuck... I have no 5120s on my network. I can get 4 of the needed 5 certs, I can not for the life of me figure out factory mode. I just need to get the private cert. I too would love to know how to acquire this last cert ModemBricker

I have a ton of 5101/5120 VALID certs from my local area (DOCSIS 2 only). As for DOCSIS 3, I have no trouble pulling certs (HEX) via snmpwalk. (outside my area only, different string)

Hit me up on IRC.
(19-04-2013, 08:11 AM)dishfear Wrote: I mastered the how-to's for remote certs on the 6580 via telnet and snmp. That info is at sbh, I could help you if you like. As for the 51xx modems , I too am stuck... I have no 5120s on my network. I can get 4 of the needed 5 certs, I can not for the life of me figure out factory mode. I just need to get the private cert. I too would love to know how to acquire this last cert ModemBricker

I'm not sure why you cannot get the private cert, as fastcert brings them all down for me. Have you tried port 162. I am on a mission to find D3 certs. I can only find 5100 and 5120 certs. Im seeing that certain modems respond on certain ports. And the major factor is the string.
fastcert will not give D3 cert ,unless the modem which was clone from sub D3 modem .don't waste time on fastcert,try something else .I have alot of cert from sbg6580 , sb941 ,but they don't work on sb5101 I can share with anyone who can help
I can not get the modems into factory mode. this is the only way I have read so far.
I can get 3 certs from public snmp . CmPublicKey, CmDeviceCmCert, CmDeviceManufCert. Still need the private cert and then mfg_key_pub.bin can be created by opening the cm_cert.