Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
twc page help plz runs on direct line but not ob router?
Shocked 
Ok so i got my modem to work perfect with a direct ethernet line to my laptop but when i connect my router it send me to twc page and shows no mac help i really want to get it runing on wifi
check your inbox
clone your router mac to your nic mac...

simple!
(08-04-2013, 05:37 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: clone your router mac to your nic mac...

simple!
ok im confused now cuz it works perfect direct line but no matter what ii do with the

Router it sends me to twc page
Change the computers NIC address 1st, with nothing connected to the computer. disconnect the router. Write down the NICS MAC address that works when connected to the modem..

UNPLUG LAN cable going to this NIC addy that works.

Now change the NIC to something else, anything but the MAC addy that worked directly connected to the modem..

Disable the NIC card, then enable it

Now connect the router and only the routerthe the NIC card that we changed the MAC address just a minute ago.

BTW, during this whole process, unplug the power to the cable modem..We dont need it to be on yest

Now connect and LAN port of the router 1-4 to the NIC card that we changed the MAC address a few steps back. Get into the router, finf the routers MAC address on the WAN side and change it to the MAC of the NIC card that workded when the cable modem was plugged into the NIC directly.

Reboot router and enable/disable the NIC of the addy we changed..

Now plug in cable modem and connect LAN cable from modem to WAN input on router.

All shud work.

If you cant do this, kill yourself.
Knowledge=Power
If you cant do this, kill yourself. I like that
(08-04-2013, 03:28 PM)davidle Wrote: If you cant do this, kill yourself. I like that

use a mac address changer like TMAC v5 mac address changer that should help you get what you need done.
(08-04-2013, 10:26 PM)rickanie Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 03:28 PM)davidle Wrote: If you cant do this, kill yourself. I like that

use a mac address changer like TMAC v5 mac address changer that should help you get what you need done.
why you Quoting me in I'm not the one getting problem
dude just try to dns the thing
dns...lol

i'm assuming this is a test setup. You should be able to ch the router mac from the router gui. Very simple process. I change nic addy's all the time, i never had any issues getting an ip from the dhcp server - sub or test cm.