Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have any information on this config file?
As some of you may know and from my posts, I don't post a bunch and when I do it's legit valid questions or conversation. Atleast with what I know I try to contribute.

Anyways, the other night my internet connection slowed down to nothing. I was downloading a file and it slowed to like 10kb/s crazy!

So half tired, before I chalk it up to the source I'm downloading from is slow, or that my router or modem needs a reboot. I came to the conclusion to look at my modems info page and saw the config " d11_abusesuspend.cm " on my 5101

I have never seen that before, it's either a valid working config or a walledgarden. With this config I can still surf and everything, but it's super slow. I've always read and tried to figure things out on my own, as I have with any tech that I work with.

Anybody have some information for me on this config? I know the new six strikes antipiracy thing was enacted Monday. It also is said by the ISP's that they won't disable your internet but slow it down and do some browser hijacking to alert you of your activities and how to stop downloading illegal files. Does this config file expire after a couple days? (I saw that was mentiond too about the six strikes) But I can't call them and be like, hey my modem is being slow, I need you to reset it and I won't download anything you guys call illegal. Since my subscription is fine.

My tester 5101 has that config, but my subscribed is working fine.

I'm a paranoid person, so I like to have my test modem to do some of my downloading for shows I like that I can't get otherwise. I don't download alot each month, only about 20gb or so.

I also know, a telnet log, etc. I'm just making conversation and hoping for some to throw out some idas or things to get my mind thinking before I dig deep into messing with my test modem today. If you read this far, woo. I'm on CC.

I keep adding things at the end, I'm not looking to get super fast speeds on my test modem, just the basic 3mb or so down I believe. So I'm not trying to get business class speeds or anything. I'm just testing with privacy in mind, if there is any left with all these govt things going on with freedom and information.
The config file you were forced was done by your ISP and is a fairly new feature to stop rogue CM's from having decent speeds on their system. Your Upload and Download are usually under 100KB/s and are a deterrent. I have it in my signature @ SBH for the last 3 years. It was originally not used by many ISP's but since most have fone to D3, its included and most will use it. Your ISP is most likely still migrating to D2/D3 and will eventually use co F/W and then you will have the flashing Upstream light in the future.
Knowledge=Power
Thanks. I was paid at SBH and had been doing alot of reading as usual, then a few months later it when down. Dunno about now. It's hard to keep up with everything in life and try to learn the new curves as they come lol.

It's good and bad to be the last place big security hits, but then you didn't have the chance to learn the curves as they came slowly, instead of all at once lol.

Wonder what triggered them to serve that config to me all of a sudden? I've done nothing out of what I have in a long while. I keep my internet locked down and I'm the only one who uses the modded modem.

How can I find out what security is in my area? Besides obvious of not being able to force a config file. My area used to be able to force configs about a 15 months ago. I'm trying to legit learn and read. Just would like an idea of what I should be reading and then apply that to myself to learn.
You were using a whored out public bin most likely. They are getting their shit together and the different CMTS's are now cross referencing databases....Welcome to REAL security! Your NIC mac addy is now bound to the set of certs you were using so from now on you need to change the computer descr AND the nic mac for every new set of test certs you try. Easier to use a router instead of a direct ethernet to the cpu so you do not have to reboot the pc.
Yup that's it I suppose. Because that was the case lol. I'm on d1.1

Yea, I always change the MAC thru the router each time. I'll have to go beyond this or something and see where it gets me.

Thanks

Question edit: Why didn't they just walledgarden config it instead of the abusedsuspen? Do they not walledgarden configs anymore?

Forgive me if any qustions I ask seem stupid or as if I were "trolling" as that's not me, I'm just trying to learn. It's hard to read and then learn until you have the physical do of the task in front of you to follow along as you read and try.
yes they use walledgarden the difference being you can
set up service with the walledgarden certs
you call up to set up service with the abuse certs
and see how quick they set up a service call
LOL, I see lol. But I don't need to setup service with them on my test modem so, atleast I wouldn't be dumb enough to call with the abuse config lol.

If I continue to use that test modem with the abuse config, are they going to monitor what's being done on that connection? What can they see? I've always wondered. In a normal subscribed modems case, what would they do different on a known haxor modem?
The modem I'm speaking about here, the cause of this thread is a haxo modem with the abuse config.
I also concur with diabls...He IS running Haxorware. Was just given the Abuse config..

I can tell you what to do but I have PM off and if I posted it, surely would be countered..And , No, not a TELNET command, something else..
Knowledge=Power
I don't have PM off Tongue lol, shame you probably got a ton of PM's for time wasters. Atleast those who still allow PM that I contact with simple situations with an idea tosed back at me. Atleast they can not be pestered as much and have to turn off PM's.

I appreciate atleast saying there may be something that can be done, so it gets something rolling in my mind. I had plans to take a look deep into it in the next day or so. Ive been kinda sick lately and need to take quality time to get into something and solving. It's a process for me hah.

It seems the security in my area aren't super bad yet eh? I'm not sure what to compare my security to as I have no other friends in the tech field or modding things like me. They're all boring regulars haha
thanks

Damnn, I wish I could pm you. I've got all kinds of ideas bouncing around my head, but it's too late to dive into it right now lol. I'm curious if it's something that COULD be done by telnet also, even though not required? hmmmm