Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5100 Setup Help, Please-
Sad 
Good afternoon,

I purchased a SB5100 found here:
http://magicmodem.com/index.php?route=pr...ry&path=61

My ISP is Comcast (Illinois), my speed is capped at 3mb down, 1mb up, I believe, I was able to get everything working (internet, router) but speed still the same, very slow.

After some massive googling, I simply do not know what else to do, can someone please help?

If I need to provide more information, please let me know and I will post it. Thank you Smile
OHHH MAN!!

Did you actually READ that page before you bought that thing??? 32.00 wasn't too bad of a price but you're on CC and there are NO "settings" in SBMOD that will get you 30MBs anymore. I think the last time i was even able to use SBMOd was when BPI bypass was still available..

You have about 2 years of catching up to do if you want to use that thing to get any faster on CC. I STRONGLY suggest you think it through and get a free membership at sbhacker.net and read at least a month straight before you so much as touch that thing...

MagicModems....are you f ing kidding me? Maybe it ran out of Miniature Purple Unicorns...seems to be a sudden shortage of that going around!!
(25-02-2013, 11:27 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: OHHH MAN!!

Did you actually READ that page before you bought that thing??? 32.00 wasn't too bad of a price but you're on CC and there are NO "settings" in SBMOD that will get you 30MBs anymore. I think the last time i was even able to use SBMOd was when BPI bypass was still available..

You have about 2 years of catching up to do if you want to use that thing to get any faster on CC. I STRONGLY suggest you think it through and get a free membership at sbhacker.net and read at least a month straight before you so much as touch that thing...

MagicModems....are you f ing kidding me? Maybe it ran out of Miniature Purple Unicorns...seems to be a sudden shortage of that going around!!

damn, well at least I'm only out of $30- will head over to that site and do some reading, it was pretty much plug and play, follow prompts from Comcast and everything worked, but speed is same. I am able to access that MOD control panel, but it could very well be in Mandarin, because I do not understand what the hell is all that.

Thanks man!
Don't get me wrong! It can be done, but you're gonna have to want it REALLY REALLY BADLY now. It's a different hobby and we can't really openly post anything that DOES work anymore! You have to self teach yourself Docscis and thenconnect trhe dots until you find a way now. Sounds like a MPITFA doesn't it?
(25-02-2013, 11:38 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Don't get me wrong! It can be done, but you're gonna have to want it REALLY REALLY BADLY now. It's a different hobby and we can't really openly post anything that DOES work anymore! You have to self teach yourself Docscis and thenconnect trhe dots until you find a way now. Sounds like a MPITFA doesn't it?

it does, the thing is that I really can't call CC and ask for upgrade, this is the speed offered here, period. it is a apt complex.

hell, I can tether to my phone and get 12mb down.. but that eats my data fast.
again, thanks for routing me in the right direction.. i just paid that sbhacker site 10$ for a year membership, apparently they don't have freebies anymore.
(25-02-2013, 11:46 PM)Florida Wrote:
(25-02-2013, 11:27 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: 32.00 wasn't too bad of a price

i can get a 5100 for $15 you kidding me?

i just got a couple for 8.99 each free shipping
anything over 15 and i walk away
(25-02-2013, 11:46 PM)Florida Wrote:
(25-02-2013, 11:27 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: 32.00 wasn't too bad of a price

i can get a 5100 for $15 you kidding me?

Well, you apparently did not go to the link the op posted..It says for 32.00 hegot a plug n' play modem!!@!!

Is your 15.oo 5100 plug n' play?? I think not! (Better get yourself some damn unicorns, and fast!)

lol
official haxorware reseller lol what a load of crap
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(26-02-2013, 01:44 AM)Florida Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 12:59 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Well, you apparently did not go to the link the op posted..It says for 32.00 hegot a plug n' play modem!!@!!

Is your 15.oo 5100 plug n' play?? I think not! (Better get yourself some damn unicorns, and fast!)

lol

plug n' play huh? does that mean i gets free interwebs?

[Image: troll-face22.jpg]
Yes but not for long!