Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Smartphones, anyone?
(23-02-2013, 03:19 AM)Florida Wrote: Android is complete TRASH. Apple for life. I will NEVER go back to windows or any other phone.

I largely disagree. There's only two downsides I've found with the Android platform: Google being extremely neglectful towards their Play Store, and seeing as there's many hardware vendors for Android, there's a large number of apps that simply don't work on a lot of models.

Windows phones... never tried them, much less even held one lol.

Like I've stated earlier: What you get out-of-box with any iPhone, you have to jailbreak to get anywhere near the features and handiness of any similarly priced Android phone. In fact, I would not be surprised in the slightest if a sizable portion of consumer interest remains for the iPhone, solely due to 3rd party jailbreak teams.

We still have yet to hear any grateful words from Apple directed at 3rd party jailbreak teams for doing their job Tongue
I avoid smartphones as much as possible. It seems to me that they are designed to last about as it takes you to get comfortable with them. I use a $50 POS phone that won't make me curl up the fetal position if I lose it or break it...which I WILL, and do quite often!!! Maybe I'm just old but I b simply I refuse to text anything more than a phone #or an address. Isn't that the whole point of a phone? To TALK!!! Why the hell should I spend time typing when I can just push the send key and be done with it? I had the first Iphone and i actually liked it until I got the first bill from AT%T...FUCK YOU AT&T!!! Holy shit! Every time I touched a key it was a f ing new charge!! This was a few years back and there were no real unlimited plans. I have gaming rigs and a HTPC and a few lappys so why should I spend another $100 a month for Inet access on a $400 POS phone with a 4 inch screen??
Ya, yer old....me too. i am still using a razr with a $10/month pay as you go plan.
Serves my purposes just fine. All this texting, face-time and fancy phones is just a kid thing....
For me it was wearing a pair of Lee jeans and a frilled rawhide jacket...
hahaha....can you even text with the razr? My wife and I just use it as a regular phone and only in "emergencies". I was at a store recently when I overheard a teenager talking on her cell phone talking to her friend (I assume) if she/he wanted the red gummie bears or the blue ones.....just as one example of a "kid" thing......
(23-02-2013, 04:03 PM)Florida Wrote: the thing i don't get about google is, how fucken retarded can they be.
if you make a gmail account you have to have everything, google play account, google plus, youtube. what im trying to say is you sign up for one thing and you get all there shitty services and second maybe the MOST stupid thing there doing is releasing a new andriod phone every two days then not providing updates for it. most phone you but now won' t be able to get updates a year from now.

About a month ago, I had setup a gmail account for a relative, and wasn't hassled to use another service. The only annoyance I've personally had was a popup on YouTube wanting to use my Google+ account name instead of my user name. How long have you had your gmail account? It could have been different back then.

As far as phones made by Google, their Nexus lineup, they only have 4 to their name. There's a ton of Android phones by other manufacturers if that's you mean (LG,Samsung,Motorola). And the reason why you don't get updates for your phone a year afterwards is either the manufacturer's or carrier's fault. Sprint was like that with my last phone, but they eventually came around and released a Gingerbread update.

(23-02-2013, 04:49 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: I avoid smartphones as much as possible. It seems to me that they are designed to last about as it takes you to get comfortable with them.

I'm that way with tablets. Pretty much everything you can do with a tablet can be done on a smartphone. I find it weird how people complain about how "inconvenient" is to lug around a laptop in a case with accessories, but they buy a case for their iPads that holds their bluetooth keyboard, charger, headphones, bluetooth headset, data cables, sometimes a smartphone, whatever else they think they need, that it ends up being bulky and collides with things around them, which is the exact thing they were trying to avoid in the first place!

But then again, it's usually the "cool kids" who have tablets. And the "cool kids" are usually bereft of any critical thinking skills.
I used my friends Ipad for a day...What a waste of money in my opinion. No inputs of any sort so how do you use it? You pay Apple for apps and I tunes d/ld's , right? Unless of course you Jailbreak it, which defeats the whole purpose anyways, just buy a pc lappy....I will NEVER own another Apple product for any reason. I despise propietary tech anymore. if i can't hack it or bend it to my will then I won't use it. I fully realize that that is the draw to today's Android phones, I just do not wish to become another mindless drone walking around in a daze with a deathgrip on a phone! I cringe when you see all the retards camping out for the next iteration of whatever product apple just slightly changed and put in a new, more expensive box..It makes me sad for the world that my kids will have to grow up in.
Florida>

Surface Pro is what you want....

Then VMware for win7 or ubuntu or backtrack and a HTPC for your cloud service.

Not to mention that BOX gives u 5gigs free , dropbox will give you 50gigs free, Skydrive gives you 10gigs free. Google setup gives you 10gig drive and 20,000 song storage on google music.
The surface pro is pretty sick. I use it for backtrack5 with vmware. I use solarwinds/snmpcfgadmin with it in remote areas of town.I also use it with my usbx360 pro for xbox mods. I have odin on it to root any android. I use usbjtag with it. Powerful wardriving. I use it as a media center on my dash in my suv. I use it with a bluetooth elm327 odb2 car code reader. I have a camera setup at my house I can patch into and watch live feed. I modded all ds and psp's in my house with it. Im sure I could set it up for apple mods but i dont want that apple garbage itunes software on it. Google Voice is awesome (use the magicjackhack with it "gvjack". I have my htpc with hd colossus card streaming over my network that I can tap into with no lag, can change channels and everything.

This device is perfect tablet , well worth the money for guys like us
buy me one then as this is the shit i currently put up with, a fucked laptop that had a pint spilled on it so the keyboard and touchpad no longer work, and today i was given a bricked android pad (which i unbricked sort of, it boots at leased now)
and you know the worse thing about this shitty laptop, it only has 2 usb ports, what where the designers fucking thing

[Image: 15nlpxt.jpg]
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Hey Drew I have an old IBM R60 that has a fucked keyboard and touchpad and a broken hinge that still works that I'd be glad to give you but I think the shipping would be way more than it's worth...