Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are there any software that will sniff HFC & CPE MAC Addresses???
Southernyankey1970,

I've cloned a friend's CM on another node and that worked, but I actually want to understand how that worked and how I can do it with a different MAC addresses. When I use his HFC MAC only with a non-matching CPE MAC, it doesnt work. But, when I use his HFC & CPE MAC's, I get online. With that, I assumed that the HFC & CPE MAC's had to match in order to pass authentication. The more I read, the more I think that might not be the case and that there are other variables that were non issues because I copied his entire flash to my CM.

I know nothing is free and think its cool the way you guys encourage people to learn on this forum by dropping hints. Earn what you learn.

At first, I was irritated by the cryptic hints here and there, but quickly understood why you guys do it that way. Back in the early days of the internet before google and all, people would ask me how to do something that took me weeks or months to figure out and when I told them in a minute or two how I solved it, they would just be like "thanks" with no appreciation for the value of the information. So I get it.

Obviously I have to do some more reading and hopefully when I have a question you guys can point me in the right direction. I was up till 6am last night reading... I love this shit.

So, if you have any hints for me to get started with, I would appreciate it. ABMJR asked me a few questions that got me thinking.... anything to get the wheels turning helps.

ABMJR,

HPC.... not HPE.... lol

TIA guys,

Young Mogul

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any software that will sniff HFC & CPE MAC Addresses??? - by youngmogul - 11-02-2013, 06:26 AM