Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomson tcm420 to SB5101E haxorware???
Hi,
I want to move from tcm420 to SB5101E with haxorware, do you know how I can clone all settings because when I change only MAC that not working, what else I need to change and how????

I already have set frequency and channel but I have some problem with authentication...

Thanks.
Some problem with authentication....

lol

Been awhile since you messed with it, am i right? If your isp has just upgraded then you will find that what used towork no longer does. Your 5101e will never take a firmware update for a thompson, thereby failing registration. Unless you live where there is no security, that is.

won't work that way unless you live in a zero bpi isp...Try a 5101e setup on your 5101e and let the isp push their signed firm over hax
I said "Some problem with authentication...." because I don`t have log from motorola, now I have it, error is: "Auth Reject - Permanent Authorization Failure Haxorware B301.8"

No no, my thomson working fine but I want to test how motorola working...

Motorola working fine with Haxorware firmware, get IP from ISP DHCP if I set thomson MAC for motorola but don`t want to go on next step...

I hope that exist some solution to clone config/certificates etc. from thomson to motorola...

Thanks.
auth reject..mac doesnt match certs
But how to fix it????
Its the B308.1 error..

Permanent error..

The certificates do not match the HFC MAC address..

Just forget it, as the explanation would be too long and you need a while to understand what to do and the other ways to do this arent posted, so, in my honest opinion (I spelled it out)..Just forget using the Motorola with your Thomson credentials and go learn to speak Farsi or Mandarin, as that would be easier than what you want to accomplish here..
Knowledge=Power
That is not good, I can`t understand why I can`t change cable modem, I don`t have option to use some other like for ADSL...
Why not ask your ISP? Its their network and they can decide what CM's are used. I imagine they maybe be a closed network and maybe using their own signed/pushed firmware. This is common with ISP's that want to keep their modems from being used on other networks/ISP's..
Knowledge=Power