Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Valid IP-address but no internet access
I'm using hax r39 on a SB5101 with a valid MAC-address. If I use the "BPI+ Bypass" option the modem goes operational and I get a public IP address from my ISP (83.169.164.x). The problem is, internet access is impossible. I can't even ping the default gateway. What causes this (and how do I solve it)?
No more MAC Cloning and Bypassing BPI, you gotta use valid certificates that match your MAC and make the modem look like it's not completely hacked, IE change to BPI+ 1.1, disable any settings (you only want disable upgrades) and make sure your stealth and CO-CVC values are correct and don't disable SNMP after registration...
Damn. As far as I know, there's no way to extract the certs from my subbed modem (Motorola SVG1501E). Scanning for macs/certs is also blocked (only some ISP IP-addressess have access to SNMP) and disabling BPI (or setting BPI to BPI 1.0) gets the SB5101 into a reboot loop. With BPI+ Bypass at least I seem to get somewhere.
Which is no where, trust me...

You need to reinitialize everything and trying reading some before applying...

You definitely need to change your NIC MAC and hostname, but the process depends on if you are directly connect to the modem or using a router. For Windows the proper process would be change hostname, reboot, change NIC MAC, start testing.

I have an app over at SBU if you are using a router to automate this process, just have to adjust for your router.

In Linux you could just use:
(AS ROOT)
macchanger -r ethX
echo RANDOMSTRINGBULLSHIT > /etc/hostname
Open a new terminal and you'll see the new hostname.
From there: ifconfig ethX 192.168.100.2
or
sudo dhclient ethX

ethX = X equals your ethernet adapter such as eth0 or eth1

From there you have a clean setup to reinitialize everything you've done wrong, if you fuck up again start gotta reset MAC and Hostname again. Keep trying, it's not easy anymore. I suggest reading about certificates, CO-CVC's, BPI and definitely do not use the certs from your sub. There are better ways to find certs than fucking your life up in the end ;-)
I've been reading lots on this subject recently, sadly SBH is still down at the moment (and there aren't many forums left). Sad
What other ways are there to find certs without extracting them from my subbed modem? SNMP access is restricted to the ISP's IP-address, so I can't simply scan for them.

I'm familiar with changing the NIC MAC (I use T-MAC in Windows & Macchanger in Linux, as you already mentioned).
I imagine your IP is "valid" to you, but still internal...Class A I would suspect..
Knowledge=Power
I guess that’s the only option you can try to block any ip/mac address by time of day. I also tried the same and it worked. But in case if anyone of you all have some better option, I would appreciate if you share the same in this forum. At least, it can help me and other in resolving this problem on your own. skeebloo is also a main factor for block internet, for more information visit on http://www.truetime-applications.com