Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie questions
I'm trying to get setup with Komc@st service, I already pay for it but wanted to unlock some faster speeds. I haven't bought a modem to mod yet, although I plan on picking up a premodded one to save some trouble, just trying to figure out what would work for my carrier. I have an old modded SB5100 laying around, but of course that thing doesn't work with my providers new security measures any longer from what I read on here.

Most of the info I found on the basic setup tends to be really old, and even then, people chime in with posts from 2009 saying that this info is over 6 years old. Sbhacker.net has been down for weeks and it seems to be the spot for what I'm trying to learn, but I haven't been able to access it just yet.

Regardless, I've been reading non-stop, I managed to sniff for a list of MAC addresses from my area, and along with that get the TFTP server used as well as the config file for each MAC address. I tried connecting to the TFTP server to download a few of the .CM files, but every time I tried to connect it would time out on me. What I'm wondering is if the config files are even used as the current method of uncapping the internet speed, or if I'm really late to the game and learning about things that won't even work with my current carriers setup.

Obviously it takes a lot more than just loading up a CM file and then hopping online I'm sure, I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right direction with more current information than what I've been able to find. I do appreciate all the helpful posts I've read on here so far however (:

Edit: just read that forcing configs on Komc@st used to work Pre-2011, but not anymore due to BPI+, and that there's no need to spoof the MAC any longer either. Wonder what the next step is from here.. all I've read is tutorials on how to do just that lol.