Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 Works 6 blocks away, not here.
As the title says, I've got two SB5101 modems running v1.1 rev38 and both work at a friends 6 blocks away but neither work at my place, just a constant reboot cycle.

DS:-1.9dBmV/39.1 dB US:43.2dBmV

Virtually the same signal levels both places.
Haven't looked at the Telnet log yet, just thought it was weird that suddenly they stop working at my place but still work a few blocks away. Same providers, small town etc. etc.

Is it possible my service has been upgraded and his hasn't?

EDIT: Updated to rev39, checked the telnet logs, getting kRejAuthFailureBadHmac with my TLV-11, already set to BPI1.1, will use a provisioned nonvol with a new nic/router mac and post back. Still think it's strange I'm having trouble here but not at my friends.
EDIT2: After a few days of reading and checking the telnet log again and again, turns out it didn't like me forcing my config file. Turned that off and removed the filename and all is well.
telnet will tell you, if it's mac clash or security
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(08-01-2013, 02:55 AM)drewmerc Wrote: telnet will tell you, if it's mac clash or security

What is the telnet message if it's a mac clash or security?
clone detection

kRejAuthFailureBadHmac
Knowledge=Power
Can they have clone detection setup just in my area and not other neighbourhoods?

Also, what's the path forward here? Get a complete set of matching everythings?
If it is Clone detection, you will get a message on your
computer screen, and they will ask to call the toll free number.