Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPC 2100 R2 Orignal Firmware needed.
okay.what is pin is VCC on the RS232 ? I have blue tx brown rx green grd but cannot find what pin VCC is for .
I have scoured the net and appear to be finding conflicting information about the pin out, which mine is a little more complicated because I am going from a usb to serial adapter and then from 9 pin serial to 4 pin . I cannot find any information about where to connect the 5v PIN to serial (VCC) . I tried with just the first two pins and ground just to see if I didnt need the VCC, but I a just getting assembly code.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Switch your tx and RX that's the output when there backwards
And you will need the ground
I never need to use the vcc
that all depends on what chip is inside (or try it without vcc)
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Thanks Everyone! I will give a try !

I tried with reversed TX and RX and I get nothing with it reversed and grounded. It apparently needs VCC . Anyone know which pin the VCC goes to on . I am using a Prolific USB to Serial adapter and a straight thru serial cable connecting to board.
post a picture there are so many versions of the boards
wait a minute the above pic was posted why i was replying (my own fault for having so many tabs open)
anyways to me it looks like it's just the incorrect speed in putty try slowing it to 960000 (or what ever it is in putty) hell try all the speeds
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(08-01-2013, 11:52 AM)drewmerc Wrote: wait a minute the above pic was posted why i was replying (my own fault for having so many tabs open)
anyways to me it looks like it's just the incorrect speed in putty try slowing it to 960000 (or what ever it is in putty) hell try all the speeds

LMAO I think your right man, I was using 96X That explains it . I need to mess with settings. I was just using the default settings I use to connect Cisco routers. My inquisitive mind wanted to change things to see what happened but then I didn't cause I was sure they were right. HA!

(09-01-2013, 09:00 AM)Baxter Wrote:
(08-01-2013, 11:52 AM)drewmerc Wrote: wait a minute the above pic was posted why i was replying (my own fault for having so many tabs open)

LMAO I think your right man, I was using 96X That explains it . I need to mess with settings. I was just using the default settings I use to connect Cisco routers. My inquisitive mind wanted to change things to see what happened but then I didn't cause I was sure they were right. HA!

either that or I just need to skip this thing down the street and start over.
Nahhh, just walk away from it for a day or two and go back with a different mindset.