Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with logging into SB5100MoD's http GUI
Greetings! Big Grin First post here.

Some time ago, I bought an SB5100 w/ SB5100MoD 1.0.4 for a great price online. Now that I'm subbed to cable broadband again, I would like to utilize this modem.

I have been able to log in to the http GUI at the usual address 'htt://192.168.100.1:666' before, but for some reason, it's not letting me in now. If there is a way to change the default port within the GUI, I'm thinking I may have changed it. I'm certain an MSO hasn't re-flashed the firmware on my SB5100 to an official firmware, as I've never had the chance to have it provisioned on my ISP's network.

But I am certain SB5100MoD still exists on the modem, when using Telnet it yields a message from the modem with this string: SB5100MoD by ToM - Embedded Telnet Server. I'm unable to issue any telnet commands though, and trying rlogin doesn't help.

So, is there any way to learn the port number being used? I know modems use the unsigned integer port range 0 - 65535, and am hoping I don't have to try every possible one xD. If I had a Blackcat programmer or an RS232 console cable, I would just rewrite the flash with another firmware, though I do plan on making both cables in the near future.

Thanks in advance for any help Big Grin
Unplug the coax first, then log in. If that doesn't work you need a programmer.
Forgot to mention, I never had the coax connected. Guess I'm stuck with trying 0 - 65535 (minus port 21,22,23, 80, and so on) or a programmer?
I just realized you have to press Enter/Return after initiating telnet lmao. I don't know the username/pass so I guess it's time to make a Blackcat programmer. Unless anyone has suggestions? Besides writing down the useful info like I should have done long time ago lol.
pjtag will just be fine. cheaper and works great.
why not just scan the entire port range? for the gui
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
Agh, I forgot all about port scanning. After using Nmap w/ quick scan, it ended up being the default port, 666! It still won't let me view the SB5100MoD gui though.

For a few minutes, I wasn't even able to view the default 192.168.100.1 page, it gave me 'File Not Found'. And still no luck with port 666.

Very strange... But for now, I'm going to buy a Pjtag, and build a console cable later, just for fun. Thanks for the help though, everyone Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

An old friend had a spare Blackcat programmer handy, and I was able to flash the TSOP48 with SB5100MoD 1.0.4., now it works like it should.

I was able to procure some other firmwares, like the SB5100 Stealth Edition and Sigma X2; going to try those out later after I have fun with MoD lol.