Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help (Ambit 255)
[/b]how's it going board, and thank you in advance, as always any help is much appreciated.

first off i just got the blackcat jtag usb with all the software on disc to use it.. i managed to install the drivers and pretty much set it up, atleast i think....

anyways, i have a Ambit 255 cable modem that im trying to learn the in's and out's of...

Problem: the problem is (and im sure that anyone of you that has dealt with this before should know) that the connector that leads from the jtag to the modem has the 10pin head (plastic) fitting. The modem has a 5pin jtag connection i guess already on the modem... of course that's not enough, i have 10pin headers (solderless kind) but i dont know where to place it if i even need to that is...

can i use the 5pin for anything or do i need to install the 10pin header?? if yes then where??

Again any feedback answering this would be much appreciated
(16-12-2012, 02:20 AM)blueflamez Wrote: [/b]how's it going board, and thank you in advance, as always any help is much appreciated.

first off i just got the blackcat jtag usb with all the software on disc to use it.. i managed to install the drivers and pretty much set it up, atleast i think....

anyways, i have a Ambit 255 cable modem that im trying to learn the in's and out's of...

Problem: the problem is (and im sure that anyone of you that has dealt with this before should know) that the connector that leads from the jtag to the modem has the 10pin head (plastic) fitting. The modem has a 5pin jtag connection i guess already on the modem... of course that's not enough, i have 10pin headers (solderless kind) but i dont know where to place it if i even need to that is...

can i use the 5pin for anything or do i need to install the 10pin header?? if yes then where??

Again any feedback answering this would be much appreciated

am not real sure, but i think the ambit have SPI FLASH

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

spi only, there is no jtag the 5 pin header is ttl/serial
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
http://dx.com/p/data-cable-compatible-wi...-ca-42-446

buy one of those and cut the end off. easy hookup for a serial connection. $4.44 almost free! Your best bet, though, imho is to get a 5101 as they are the easiest to start off with. you do not need to solder anything if you have the pogo pins...
ok,

let me try to understand this, ttl/serial cable is this max232 cable?? and it has to be ran through a serial port (COM) in order for it to recognize it... the max232 cable setup looks a bit akward setting up... more or less i can't use to because my laptop doesn't have a COM port... ok so i can only use the cable i have (which doesn't need to be ran through any COM port at anytime i hope) with the 10pin headers on SB4xxx, SB5xxxx, DCM315, etc... well actually that last statement is part question lol, as in i don't need the COM ports to try and mod those modems since they work with the 10pin headers, right?

Thank you guys for helping me

can you guys give me a link to maybe an ebay user with the appropriate cord to mod the Ambit, again im new to this, and after searching myself there are so many variations of this cord im confused...

Thank you
correct...

The link i gave you is a usb serial cable(max232 already ported thru usb!). Google nokia ca42 serial diagram to see how easy it is to use it as a serial flashing device.

Since you have a Blackcat usb I again suggest you start off with the 5101(NOT 5101u or 5101n) as that is what 99% of all testers use. A cisco/webstar 2100r2 is the same chipset as the 5101 but requires the 8 pin adapter to flash with a bc usb .
yes, i see, the nokia cord does look pretty simple, anything usb is great for me since i can't use COM port setups at this present time, i will look into purchasing that cable, in the meantime you say the 5101 would be a good start so i'll start there so i don't confuse myself 2 much, especially if i have to have all these different headers for different boards (8 pin header?), i don't have those cables yet.

Thank You for your help fellas
hey guys, i was just checking ebay today and found this post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-To-SERIAL-TT...27ce2c89ad

I'm interested in this item because it looks pretty easy to use and again im hoping to get the ambit running via usb... is this a good item to get the job done?
why pay 9 bucks when you can pay 1.60 http://www.ebay.com/itm/CP2102-USB-2-0-U...2749869%26
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
lol your right, but the only difference is the other 1 is buy now that one their bidding so it takes longer... other then that its a nice price