Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
sb5101, good certs/mac, but CVC Validation Failure?
cpe can be many things i searched the term when i was learning but yes nic card,router,what ever is the first thing is connected to the modem and yes to putting hax back on but use lite version and let them see you meaning use port 161 and untick disable snmp pretty much untick everything but i never do i always use stock firmware after the push
CPE is the first DTE , Digital Termination Equipment AFTER the cable Modem (CM)

The CM is only a bridge...

the 1st CPE and its 5 octet HFC MAC delivers an IP from the DHCP server
Knowledge=Power
Yea I just have my laptop connected to CM and I've been changing the nic in the laptop on every try.

Question for your two guys since you guys seem to know you stuff. The nonvol file I got (for someone) if I put that nonvol file into my CM and my CM then downloads a sb5101speedtire config file, does that mean that my NONVOL originally belong to a sb5101? Basically I would like to know what in my CM is telling the ISP to send a sb5101 confit, I'm guessing its the mac address in the nonvol file is originally assassinated with a sb5101 modem, is this how it works?
Please take it easy on me, what I don't know I try hard to learn it.
the mac address tells it what it is amongst a couple other things verify it later so to answer your question yes if the certificates are original
Ok just got home and yea my modems are sb5101 so sb5100 is not the problem.
yea i wrote originally that i thought it was a typo-mistake since you said haxorware
Yea that was my mistake. I found a 9 digit serial number in this nonvol, whats that all about? I though all serial numbers under hoxorware are 15 right?
(15-12-2012, 05:49 AM)supak111 Wrote: Ok just got home and yea my modems are sb5101 so sb5100 is not the problem.

There is a problem my friend. If you are using a sb5101 nonvol on a sb5100, it will not work for its not compatible . but if you are using a sb5100 and extract each individual cert and load it to sb5101 it will 100% will work if the conversion was done right. So you need another sb5101 modem for that
sb5101 provision nonvol.
No I actually have sb5101 modem, it was a mistake on my part in the beginning of the thread (no sb5100). But I have a sb5101 nonvol and using it on a sb5101 and Im getting the CVC Validation Failure. Anyone have an answer for my above question by any chance?

" I found a 9 digit serial number in this nonvol, whats that all about? I though all serial numbers under hoxorware are 15 right?"
Anyone have nay though on the question above? Wouldn't ISP see the 9 digit serial number as too short and block the modem right away?