Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macs on 5101 & 5100
If a Mac address works on a SB5101 would it also work on a SB5100?
if you can run bpi disabled then it will work. BPI+ will make that a PITA depending wholly upon your ISP and how seriously they take their security. If you can still swap macs w/o the certs then you can do pretty much whatever you want...
(03-12-2012, 04:07 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: if you can run bpi disabled then it will work. BPI+ will make that a PITA depending wholly upon your ISP and how seriously they take their security. If you can still swap macs w/o the certs then you can do pretty much whatever you want...

O.k. thanks.
Do you mean in the same area on a different mod
(03-12-2012, 09:54 PM)biddy79uk Wrote: Do you mean in the same area on a different mod

I meant, the same node/area but not at the same time. Both are modded.
yes it should work just try it and find out
It would be easier for you to just set them up with different macs then to try to run both at separate times. If you can swap macs then just throw random macs at the cmts till you get something that works...Docsis 1.0 is the easiest testing there is.
(03-12-2012, 10:24 PM)biddy79uk Wrote: yes it should work just try it and find out

Yes, I am but it's not working. 5101 is up and running good. SB5100 is not working with the 5101's mac. I don't have the certs for the SB5101 but it's working. It just uses the self assigned certificate. That's why my head is beating. I flashed the SB5100 with virgin been and flashed with sigma x2 stealth. Tried the 5101 mac on the SB5100 and it doesn't work.
(03-12-2012, 10:28 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: It would be easier for you to just set them up with different macs then to try to run both at separate times. If you can swap macs then just throw random macs at the cmts till you get something that works...Docsis 1.0 is the easiest testing there is.

Running with different macs at separate times is ideally what I want to do. I'm doing this to see why SB5100 doesn't work and to get it back up and running. I'm happy with the SB5101 but for the sake of learning I want to bring it up.
use the correct stealth settings on the 5100. I never used Sigma, only sb5100mod. teamview into a buddie's computer across town and run mac collector or dhcpforce so you have macs from a different node to play with.

If I was lucky enough to test on a bpi disabled network I could have a field day after testing in high security...omg! That would be too easy!
(04-12-2012, 01:26 AM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: use the correct stealth settings on the 5100. I never used Sigma, only sb5100mod. teamview into a buddie's computer across town and run mac collector or dhcpforce so you have macs from a different node to play with.

If I was lucky enough to test on a bpi disabled network I could have a field day after testing in high security...omg! That would be too easy!

correct stealth settings?

I understand mac collector is used to gather macs from a different node. I know DHCP force is for your own node.