Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telnet Command
Is there a telnet command that will change the port for SNMP?
(03-12-2012, 01:56 AM)geoneo111 Wrote: Is there a telnet command that will change the port for SNMP?

Go to SBH, plenty of Commands there, you will have to do some
reading to find what you want.
Anyone else? The thing is that I have sigma x2 stealth edition running on SB5100 and it doesn't have the option to change the port in the GUI. I'm trying to insert certs but it doesn't go into factory mode even when I choose it in the GUI. I figure that the SNMP port is not set to 161. This happened on the haxoware.

(04-12-2012, 12:37 AM)geoneo111 Wrote: Anyone else? The thing is that I have sigma x2 stealth edition running on SB5100 and it doesn't have the option to change the port in the GUI. I'm trying to insert certs but it doesn't go into factory mode even when I choose it in the GUI. I figure that the SNMP port is not set to 161. This happened on the haxoware.

use a port scanner.. scan 192.168.100.1

you will get all ports your modem has open

[/quote]

use a port scanner.. scan 192.168.100.1

you will get all ports your modem has open

[/quote]

The modem is not working for me to do this.
what do you mean " not working" ?
(05-12-2012, 01:07 AM)Rickz Wrote: what do you mean " not working" ?

I mean my modded SB5100 is down (Can't get online). Anyway, what I'm talking about is changing the snmp port on the modded cable modem. I suspect it was changed for stealth purposes. The gui doesn't give me the option like Sigma X2 142 or SB5100mod. Why won't I just change it to sigma x2 142 or SB5100mod?? After I flashed a virgin bin the only one that flashed correctly after was the stealth version. Anyway, I would appreciate someone who knows telnet well to give an answer.
do you know your actual snmp port?..if snmp is off i don't think you will find it.. that's why i suggest you to scan for open port other than 23 or 80. that will define if snmp is off or not..

i believe you use a shelled firmware since you have access to telnet.. if snmp is open and you're sure it use default port then all you need is to change the snmp permissions.. you don't need to change the port to insert the certs. there's actually an OID to change the port with snmp but changes don't remain after rebooting. anyway that won't make any advances since your actual issue as i see in your post #3: is that you can't get online because you need to insert fresh certs..

"I'm trying to insert certs but it doesn't go into factory mode even when I choose it in the GUI. I figure that the SNMP port is not set to 161. This happened on the haxoware."

how you figure out that port is not set to 161 since you haven't scanned the ports as i wrote you before? you don't need the modem online to locally scan it for open port!!!!!

you need to do a little research and organize your ideas.. you don't need any telnet expert by now. your answer is out there......

Regards