Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very new newbie with a question
greetings all! my name is nas and i just joined today. forgive me if the question i ask will seem silly, stupid etc. but i really just don't know. for arguments sake let's just say that i have a buddy who has 2 modded modems not using h-ware. these modems have worked flawlessly for years. he had an inside connect with the "boss" of cable companies. my question is can the "information" embedded in these modems be duplicated onto other modems? Huh

thanks,

nas

GREAT FORUM!!
it all depends on the model of the modems and its best to use the same model modem
(22-11-2012, 05:20 PM)kornwood Wrote: it all depends on the model of the modems and its best to use the same model modem

both are by a company called ARRIS. can anyone show me, uh i mean him what to do after getting the same models?? and thanks for the reply.
(22-11-2012, 05:29 PM)nasafiyel Wrote:
(22-11-2012, 05:20 PM)kornwood Wrote: it all depends on the model of the modems and its best to use the same model modem

both are by a company called ARRIS. can anyone show me, uh i mean him what to do after getting the same models?? and thanks for the reply.
still depends on the model number on what device is needed to use to copy the flash and to flash it to the new one
Arris WBM760 A Docsis 3.0

Arris Cable Modem Model TM722G/CT

if these are "good" to work with can you point me in the right direction on how to copy and flash? either which way...thanks!!
yes you will be able to do that with the blackcat or usbjtagnt but will have to go over to sbh because you will
find all the info there in the puma 5 section
(22-11-2012, 06:35 PM)kornwood Wrote: yes you will be able to do that with the blackcat or usbjtagnt but will have to go over to sbh because you will
find all the info there in the puma 5 section

you are my hero!!!
Good luck with that venture...
(22-11-2012, 07:12 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Good luck with that venture...

good luck as i shouldn't venture or good luck and tell you how i made out?? ur scaring me!Sad
No need to be scared...