Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration/telnet
After my modem is register i can access telnet, what i really want to know when i hide my IP via telnet is there a way for me to know if the IP is hide or not?
check it here ubr.freehostia.com
TELNET is disabled AFTER registration...I have said this many, many times M8.

Access to the shell is disabled from the customer side, not from the ISP side
Knowledge=Power
(14-11-2012, 06:06 PM)ABMJR Wrote: TELNET is disabled AFTER registration...I have said this many, many times M8.

Access to the shell is disabled from the customer side, not from the ISP side

So in adder words i should send the command before it is register right? if so what i will do is flash a new 2mg dump and send the command before it register and see what happen...report back later.
I would try it during registration
Knowledge=Power
Can't hide your ip from your isp as they are the ones you get it from! There are easier ways to hide your ip from other sites than with telnet.
Southern...

No way to ever hide a CM on a CMTS.
Knowledge=Power
(14-11-2012, 09:27 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Can't hide your ip from your isp as they are the ones you get it from! There are easier ways to hide your ip from other sites than with telnet.

and they want to hide the ip?
(14-11-2012, 09:54 PM)piposarcade Wrote:
(14-11-2012, 09:27 PM)southernyankey1970 Wrote: Can't hide your ip from your isp as they are the ones you get it from! There are easier ways to hide your ip from other sites than with telnet.

and they want to hide the ip?

Why would you want to hide your IP? To the eyes of the ISP your CM is tied to no one (no account, no paying subs, etc) Its a ghost...

I guess the only thing that might tie you to a certain HW, is your NICs MAC (easily spoofed) or specific places you visit leaving traces of accounts/pws.

But... maybe Im wrong
But then as the CMTS can make a negotiation if you do not see the ip?