Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tutorial How to hack your config file.
(08-10-2012, 12:31 AM)virgiltu Wrote: maybe im missing something here. So it works just fine for me. Y would this not work for others? Also I did not read much but what is CC?

Probably the hardest ISP to penetrate, I am still reading up on
it, like for over 4 months or so.
CC is an ISP which most people in North America are subcribe to. And if you look them up you will find out quite a bit more about them. Here you go for your reading pleasure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast

ive got about 8 months into it and loving every bit of it but yes very hard compared to what we used to have
(08-10-2012, 12:39 AM)haroldstein Wrote: Probably the hardest ISP to penetrate, I am still reading up on
it, like for over 4 months or so.

I believe you are correct but I don't know... One thing is for sure though they are a very powerful corporation. And like most corporations have very shady tactics to ensure they stay on top.

(07-10-2012, 10:31 PM)virgiltu Wrote: If you get this error you did it wrong.

TFTP file complete - but failed Message Integrity check MIC

Also you can remove it the MD5 header from the hex value. Here is a book about it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PblPcRq...IC&f=false
So i have two configs one upgraded my internet and then downgraded.

Both files have the same MIC. odd or not. The speed is diffrent. When the DOCSIS Viewers saves the files. It does not have save the MIC. So just copy it in hex.

pm'd u
For everybody this works. I just downgraded back to 3mps and i am still running the 30mbps file.

I found out that what you need to do is to up your speed to the 30mps for one month and download the file. Few weeks later call back and say that you just got a travel job and you dont wanna cancel the line but because you will only need to read the emails you need to downgrade.

Then just upload your fast speed file and it will work. No need to modify anything in the config.

It works great since is the original file they gave me.
(08-10-2012, 02:30 AM)virgiltu Wrote: For everybody this works. I just downgraded back to 3mps and i am still running the 30mbps file.

I found out that what you need to do is to up your speed to the 30mps for one month and download the file. Few weeks later call back and say that you just got a travel job and you dont wanna cancel the line but because you will only need to read the emails you need to downgrade.

Then just upload your fast speed file and it will work. No need to modify anything in the config.

It works great since is the original file they gave me.
That was not a great ideal for you to tell people how you did
it. FYI, there are Engineers from Various ISP that visit here.
And they will plug the hole. Be careful not to give out your
general area or town where you live. By, the same token I
admire you for figuring this out.
Since the speed is capped at the modem there is not much IPS can do. Other then ban the modems that can be modified.

The only thing that they can do is set a timed generated key that changes every few days. Much like Dish and Direct tv. but since all this is wire, they will never be able to do that. Haxoware already has stealth mode that could implement to give out the ISP the correct file for comparison and still get around it.

The only way to stop uncapping is to cap it at the node. And that is already being put in place. Then again. GOOGLE fiber will be here soon and all these guys will have to drop there prices. I mean i can see y we pay so much. i own a few severs and hardware, support and upgrades are a lot of money. granted. 3mbps costs the same as 50mbps to a company. now if you say 100 and up then i can see it.
Yes, Google Fiber or any other Competitor would be welcome.
Prices are so high already, and every year the ISP will nickle
and dime you for more money.
im not on CC, but cant force configs :'(