Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help How to Clone My Mac For Faster Speed
I have a modem i pay for monthly and a modem that has haxorware 1.1 r39.
Trying to figure out how to clone the haxorware moded one to test a few different config files for faster speeds.
Is it possible? I know the old days are dead but are the haxorware program modems dead and cant be used to clone my paid modems mac and serial?
Can someone point me to a tutorial or thread?
And I am in the midwest with bpi settings for 1.0 and 2.0 I do beleive if not mistaken.
(04-10-2012, 10:38 PM)Lakwaun Wrote: I have a modem i pay for monthly and a modem that has haxorware 1.1 r39.
Trying to figure out how to clone the haxorware moded one to test a few different config files for faster speeds.
Is it possible? I know the old days are dead but are the haxorware program modems dead and cant be used to clone my paid modems mac and serial?
Can someone point me to a tutorial or thread?
And I am in the midwest with bpi settings for 1.0 and 2.0 I do beleive if not mistaken.
Yes, it is possible to clone the unit. However, most ISP have already
implemented the "clone detection". Go to SBH and read up on
this topic.

I have three moded boxes one RCA with sb5100mod loaded, surfboard with sb5100mod loaded on it and the other is a scientific Atlantic square modem just like the newer faster modems but it is only a docsis 2.0 with haxorware.
All boxes were working until about 6 months ago they just start looping into rebooting. Now I have set the hfc Mac and serial in the sb5100mod and haxorware section labeled cloned in the setting under 192.169.100.1:666 & 1337 or 1557.
I can say the modem is not steady rebooting. All lights are on on all the modems and they are not rebooting but just the send light if I'm not mistaken is just steady blinking.and I get a page not found instead of the Comcast activation page. I have been paying for Comcast for decades so my Mac is good. I got the MAC address off the modem and setting page of the modem and the serial number is the same as the hfc Mac. I have tried changing different settings like factory mode and force tftp docsis 1.0, 2.0 n all that n still no luck. What am I doing wrong? The boxes were moded about a year year and a half ago. Do I need to load a new dump file like I have been reading? And if so do I need a black cat loader or whatever to do it! The Internet boxes do already have the six pins installed on the inside. I just want to put a modem back at my recording studio and put one in my home with faster speeds. Can you please point me in all the right direction?
(08-10-2012, 06:23 AM)Lakwaun Wrote: I have three moded boxes one RCA with sb5100mod loaded, surfboard with sb5100mod loaded on it and the other is a scientific Atlantic square modem just like the newer faster modems but it is only a docsis 2.0 with haxorware.
All boxes were working until about 6 months ago they just start looping into rebooting. Now I have set the hfc Mac and serial in the sb5100mod and haxorware section labeled cloned in the setting under 192.169.100.1:666 & 1337 or 1557.
I can say the modem is not steady rebooting. All lights are on on all the modems and they are not rebooting but just the send light if I'm not mistaken is just steady blinking.and I get a page not found instead of the Comcast activation page. I have been paying for Comcast for decades so my Mac is good. I got the MAC address off the modem and setting page of the modem and the serial number is the same as the hfc Mac. I have tried changing different settings like factory mode and force tftp docsis 1.0, 2.0 n all that n still no luck. What am I doing wrong? The boxes were moded about a year year and a half ago. Do I need to load a new dump file like I have been reading? And if so do I need a black cat loader or whatever to do it! The Internet boxes do already have the six pins installed on the inside. I just want to put a modem back at my recording studio and put one in my home with faster speeds. Can you please point me in all the right direction?

I live outside the U.S.A my ISP is no where near where comcast is at, at this time, but the amount of info i read a bout there upgrade when my isp get to that level i will be ready. So my advice to you is you better start testing with a D3 modem or you just of to do a full clone of the one you have right now.
There is no point in testing a d3 modem 6120,6580,dpc3000 if you do not understand how a d2 modem 5100,5101,2100,cg814v works on he network as it will simply confuse you further.

Op, you are in CC and you have been served the beginning stage of a D3 upgrade. BPI+ is at your doorstep and you can no longer swap macs to get by. STOP using your sub cm mac NOW! Very,very soon...you will have to use a fully cloned provisioned modem dump just to get on. I would get a VIP at SBH and read all of the older archives from 18 months ago as that is when the rest of the usa got hit with BPI+...