Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help...
I got a SB5100 modem from swapmeet. When I checked (192.168.100.1), the FW is a hacked FW with different MACID, S/N, from the label outside the box. The FW was listed as
Software version: SB5101NU-2.1.7.0-GA-00-388-NOSH
HW ver: 1
MIB ver: II
GUI ver: 1.0
VxWorks ver:5.4

I was able to open the web browser with 192.168.100.1:1337 go to the SIGMa-X2 page and change the MACID & S/N to match the ones that label on the outside of the modem. I also change the Software version in the field "Firmware name reported" to: SB5100-2.3.2.5-SCM01-NOSH (get this by google for the FW on a SB5100).

Since I do not want to rent TWC modem ($2.50 to $3.95/mo), so I asked the TWC Tech using this modem, but it did not work. The problem is
the online LED does not lock, it just reset. Here is what happen, the power led ON, then the receive led ON, then the send led ON, but the online led is flashing, then all the leds went off and the sequence repeated pwr led on, rec led on, send on, online flashing, then it repeated the above sequence again. The tech did not know why the modem kept resetting so he said I need to rent one from them.

For now, I have to rent one from them, but I want to fix mine to work so I don't have to pay them every month for the rented modem.

I would appreciate anyone help!

Thanks!
Find a few public dumps of a stock sb5100 and reflash the modem. After you flash the first one plug it in to the coax and watch the lights...if all 4 come on and you get the t/w activation page then the dump is not blacklisted on your isp. If it only gets 3 lights and the online flashes like it is now, then reflash it again with the next dump.

You need to have a programmer of some sort to do this. If not, then you need to get another modem to use with your ISP.
Thanks Southern...

You or anyone in this forum know where can I get sb5100 stock fw? Thanks again!