Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB5101 - NO Access / MAC Changed
last night I made some changes to the MAC addresses on my modem. The ethernet mac was changed to an address beginning with 01:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx and although the modem assigns me an IP via dhcp I cannot connect to it via web or ping the modem.

I tried statically assigning the ip address to my laptops LAN adapter with default gateway being 192.168.100.1 and I still cannot connect. My guess is the modem Ethernet MAC is not route-able via tcp and that is why i cannot connect.

Using a blackcat cable I tried reloading firmware and bootloader but it doesn't affect the mac address :(

how can i restore the default mac settings?
can i do this via console on blackcat?

Thanks for your help...
flashing a fresh 2mb dump should fix it
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
I am experiencing the same with a 5100. It happened to me before and I thought I used Jtag Util console to change the addresses but cant remember how I did it. Maybe it was telnet. But I cannot telnet into the 5100. If you can telnet into it try it but I do not know the commands.
(28-09-2012, 02:46 PM)smokey Wrote: I am experiencing the same with a 5100. It happened to me before and I thought I used Jtag Util console to change the addresses but cant remember how I did it. Maybe it was telnet. But I cannot telnet into the 5100. If you can telnet into it try it but I do not know the commands.

reflash it. your certs get smoked when you change only the mac addy. Basic bpi authentication will get you a rng resp from the cmts because you killed the certs.
The CMTS will actually five you a B308.1 error, AKA Permanent Authorization Failure, the a DocsDevReset command and an endless loop of the CM re-booting
Knowledge=Power
(28-09-2012, 07:30 AM)drewmerc Wrote: flashing a fresh 2mb dump should fix it

How do I get a 2MB dump? In response to to the person who said to reflash, if you mean reloading haxorware well I did this and for some reason the MAC address stays the same. Thanks....
You need to re-flash a new 2 MB bin, then flash the Haxorware shell over the top of that..

I would use the Liter version versus the Diag version ..

What ISP is this?
Knowledge=Power
(29-09-2012, 01:29 AM)ABMJR Wrote: You need to re-flash a new 2 MB bin, then flash the Haxorware shell over the top of that..

I would use the Liter version versus the Diag version ..

What ISP is this?

Where do I get the new 2MB .bin because I never made a backup. I'm with TWC.
I have no idea...

You see how you fucked up and didnt make a simple, 20 second back-up?
Knowledge=Power
(29-09-2012, 01:46 AM)ABMJR Wrote: I have no idea...

You see how you fucked up and didnt make a simple, 20 second back-up?

Do you know where i can download a backup because I just need a stock backup?

Nice usage of the f-bomb Smile