Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloning modems
any info?
If your going to start this hobby, you should use the basic tools..

Forget the "Bitfile" method for now. Learn how to "flash" a modem...And then "de-brick" it..

Get or build a Par-JTAG or "BUY" USB JTAG...

Seriously...

You need to back it up so you don't come crying here that your "Flash/Modem" is Fukked....and your looking for a dump. I have seen it soooo many times. All stupidity and laziness on the user (you)...
Knowledge=Power
(11-09-2012, 01:22 AM)ABMJR Wrote: If your going to start this hobby, you should use the basic tools..

Forget the "Bitfile" method for now. Learn how to "flash" a modem...And then "de-brick" it..

Get or build a Par-JTAG or "BUY" USB JTAG...

Seriously...

You need to back it up so you don't come crying here that your "Flash/Modem" is Fukked....and your looking for a dump. I have seen it soooo many times. All stupidity and laziness on the user (you)...

Excuse me? LOL just because I wan't to do something differently from you does NOT make me stupid. I know how to use jtag. I know how to de-brick my modem. I know how to "flash" a modem. I know how to make a PERFECT clone through the flash dump method. I made this thread to learn how to make a clone from a subbed un-modded modem, to a hacked modem. I am not planning on flashing anything to my subbed modem. Right now, all I know is it's possible to get certs from a modem using the bitfile method. I am not familiar with the bitfile method. That is why I'm asking about the bitfile method.
Call me stupid, but this is a "Haxorware' SPECIFIC Forum...Not 5100Mod.
Your using an early piece of garbage that has a VxWorks OS...not eCOS.

Tell me what this Forum and an Earlier OS not even related to Haxorware is somehow even connected?

Move on
Knowledge=Power
(11-09-2012, 03:29 AM)ABMJR Wrote: Call me stupid, but this is a "Haxorware' SPECIFIC Forum...Not 5100Mod.
Your using an early piece of garbage that has a VxWorks OS...not eCOS.

Tell me what this Forum and an Earlier OS not even related to Haxorware is somehow even connected?

Move on

There is a reason I decided to use this "early piece of garbage". I'd prefer to keep this reason to myself, but I will gladly PM you the reason if you want. Now, This forum is not EXCLUSIVELY for haxorware. I see a lot of people posting about modems that don't support haxorware. Also, I have sigma, not 5100mod. and to finish this convo off, I thought you had moved on from this forum a while ago, at least from what I have heard. Now, move on and help me if you want. And if no one will be willing to help me with my quest, maybe it is time to move on.

UPDATE:

Oh and if you are too blind to read, it clearly says under the section's description: "Talk about other modems and firmware" so you are wrong. this section is NOT haxorware specific.
(08-09-2012, 11:42 PM)drewmerc Wrote: simple question if you take your subbed modem from house one and plug it in at house 2 does it work?

Yeah as long as u have an active cable line