Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloning modems
(09-09-2012, 06:06 PM)PumaTechTV Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 09:35 AM)drewmerc Wrote: if you cant/wont answer the simplest of questions or at leased try it, whats the point of this thread?
if it works or not would tell us how to proceed, but i guess your intuition knows better than my experience

Answer to your simple question: It does work.

simple take a full dump of your sub and flash it to your other modem and dont plug them in at same time
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(09-09-2012, 08:07 PM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: There are a few ways to get the certs off of a 5100 modem, which is what you need in order to clone your sub. If I was trying to clone the sub... I would use a hardware flasher and download the entire flash (from the sub) and then reflash the other modem with the back-up from the sub. Then just unplug the modem when you leave one house or the other. So that way it (the clone) doesn't knock your sub offline. And to stay under the radar of the ISP as well.
Program it like SlowGrind says, and you should be fine.

Do you have an usbjtagnt? go to there website, there
are instructions there on how to backup your modem, etc.
(09-09-2012, 07:33 PM)ABMJR Wrote: Copying the HFC mac and Serial (worthless) is NOT cloning
Than what would you recommend me to do?

(09-09-2012, 08:07 PM)SlowGrind6 Wrote: There are a few ways to get the certs off of a 5100 modem, which is what you need in order to clone your sub. If I was trying to clone the sub... I would use a hardware flasher and download the entire flash (from the sub) and then reflash the other modem with the back-up from the sub. Then just unplug the modem when you leave one house or the other. So that way it the clone doesn't knock your sub offline. And to stay under the radar of the ISP as well.

Thanks for the reply. How can I dump the entire flash of my subbed modem if my subbed modem is not j-taged? I read in an sbhacker post that you can "clone" a modem simply by extracting the certs and some other stuff. Can you do that without jtag?
Yes, you can extract the certs other ways (without a hardware flasher) but even if you where able to get everything out of your sub. You would still be missing the most important cert (co-cvc) and that is the cert that you would need for the clone to work. And you can get a test clip and don't have to worry about j-tagging the sub, you will just have to open it up, hook up the test clip and your hardware flasher... Then dump the flash from the sub and flash the other modem and you will have a true 1:1 clone. Which is what you want...
it's a 5100 a clip will not work, just jtag it you do not have to solder the pin header in at all

it's been 5 fucking years since i last soldered a pin header on a modem, you dont need to, why do people still think you do
__________________________________________________________________________________
******new discord chat linkĀ https://discord.gg/5BQQbsb*******
(08-09-2012, 11:42 PM)drewmerc Wrote: simple question if you take your subbed modem from house one and plug it in at house 2 does it work?

(10-09-2012, 01:06 AM)drewmerc Wrote: it's a 5100 a clip will not work, just jtag it you do not have to solder the pin header in at all

it's been 5 fucking years since i last soldered a pin header on a modem, you dont need to, why do people still think you do
I use the solderless pins, is that what you use Drew?
(10-09-2012, 01:06 AM)drewmerc Wrote: it's a 5100 a clip will not work, just jtag it you do not have to solder the pin header in at all

Forgot it was a 5100... Drew is right you don't a clip.. Just get some pin headers and a hardware flasher.
Just hold the pin header that came with your Blindcat or NT to the board for the 20 seconds it takes to flash. Or if you're really lazy, use a rubber band.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pin-Solderles...2766471981
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have taken drew's word from something he told me in another post ( to read a lot on sbhacker, even if I can't post because I have a free account ) and I have figured out a way to get the certs of my other modem without having to modify it [my subbed one]. According to http://www.sbhacker.net/forum/topic/441-...ne__st__20
I can use a bitfile to remotely get my sb5100 (the subbed one) in factory mode. After this, I can download and upload the certs to my new modem (sb5100 too). Do you guys see any flaws in this method?

Also, after poking around in the web for how to use the bitfile method, I came up with this post that was a copy/paste of a tcniso post:
Quote:The bitfile method works like this.

1) Using SNMP you set the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.1166.1.19.3.1.18.0 to the interger.

The value of your HFC MAC address. (Calc.exe)

2) The modem then TFTP gets a 'bitfile' from 192.168.100.10

4100 modem will TFTP get SB4100.bit, and 4200 modem will TFTP get SB4200.bit

3) If the bit file is the correct size and contains the exact sequence of, bytes, then factory mode is enabled and the modem reboots!

4) When the modem reboots you have full access to all the factory MIB and OID's, within it.

NOTE: Factory mode will stay enabled until you turn it off by setting

1.3.6.1.4.1.1166.1.19.4.29.0 to integer 1 and reboot the modem!

My question is, in step one. What integer am I supposed to set my oid to? If you guys have any knowledge about the bitfile method, please share with me Smile

P.S. If you're wondering why I just don't use jtag and dump it, here are the reasons:
1.) this is my new hobby, and if I want to learn a lot about this subject, I better do things the hardway or the ways that I find appropiate.
2.) I haven't added any money to my paypal balance. lol