Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SB 5101 N problem please help
Sad 
Hi,
I'm a newbie, but I have been doing alot of search here and other forums and youtube and and and....

I have a SB 5101 N that I wanted to mode.

I have bought a blackcat usb.

I have learned to connect the blackcat to the sb5101 N in SPI mode and when I connect the modem to the blackcat it can find it and read the flash. (wring is like 5101 u, I know)
so far good. I have checked all wiring exactely as instructed here or on other forums.

now here is the problem:
on the 1st SB 5101 N (yes I bought 2), when I tried to read flash and save the stock, it said it did ok and saved it, but after that the modem flash looks all FFFFFFFFF on it and when I read or write anything on it and it changed the flash, the modem power light does not come on. when connected to power all lights come on and then go off and stay off.

then I tried with my 2nd one:
i did not back up the flash this time. I just wrote the haxoware 1.34 diagnostic on it. it writes all right (like the 1st one) but again the same, although it does not show all FFFFFF on its flash. when I turn it on all lights come on and then go off and stays off.

I have connected them to computer through ethernet and cannot open it.

I have tried to put a virgin bin on it or from here 5101-11REV30, still the same, it does not power up.
I have opened a debrick script from blackcat, I have put 3349 bootloater (what it says on the chip on the modem), and nothing is working.
I can easily put any bin or hex or script on it and it writes to it but the modem does not power up.

What did i do wrong?

what am i missing?

Please, any help is appreciate it, I have spent about a month on them and cant get them to work.

Please either tell me in steps what I should do (because I feel very stupid at this point) or show me a link where I can fix it.

please please.
thank you in advance
Did you make an original backup of modem. That is the
first one should do. If you did, re-flash back to stock.
And then start over. OK. I see you made a backup,
Make sure all your connection are correct.